ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x399 Memory Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:02am
its the speed which will work for anyone
for higher speeds its all about luck
orionbg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orionbg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 4:45am
I'm running 3200MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x 8GB Cas14 without any issues on my 1950x.
Asrock X399 Taichi, AMD Threadripper 1950X, 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200MHz,
256GB Samsung PM961 nvme, 512GB Samcung 850 EVO, 512GB Intel 5400S,
GTX1080Ti FE, Lian-Li PC-O11WGX case, Custom W.Loop
HUSK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 8:42am
I'm currently only able to reach 3200mhz quad channel and remain stable using XMP profile and moving ram to a2,b2,c2,d2 slots on Asrock Tiachi X399. Though I have Tridentz that should run 3600.
HUSK
steveg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

its the speed which will work for anyone
for higher speeds its all about luck

I keep seeing this but I think we are also letting the companies a bit off the hook.

There is a lot of deliberate presentation, in both the motherboard vendor and in memory vendors implying that they are selling products that are specifically validated to run the various speeds.

When I go to buy a motherboard, like I did the ASRock Z370 (intel in my case) killer sli/ac, and in all the literature it hypes the fantastic capabilities of 4000+ memory speed OC capability, and then provides a "QVL" list that implies that if followed you should get these speeds. In many cases the memory vendor has done the same, and making a larger profit on these speeds, there really is a bit of truth in advertising issue occurring.

They are *advertising and charging a premium*. They need to be a little more carefull and diligent to make sure that the chances of a QVL match missing the mark is a little more rare. 

I have been building systems for 20 years and have enjoyed some overclocking. But in the past when when I bought a video card that had a heavy fan and was considered a potential overclocker it was advertised at the realistic frequency with an understanding that with the fan you may get some extra performance. That is quite different than advertising it at the top frequency, charging based on that frequency, providing a list of motherboards it should operate at that frequency with, and then making a disclaimer on a website that says "well, if everything lines up" and having what looks like half the user base getting less than the advertised frequency?
(Sorry that is not directed toward you personally, rather the situation)

Edited by steveg - 04 Apr 2018 at 2:04pm
starmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 1:25am
I have 4x 3733 TridentZs in mine and they run great at 3600/1.4v using the XMP profile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic