ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Set ram to 3200Mhz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vujay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Set ram to 3200Mhz
    Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:15pm
I`ve just build my first Pc and watching youtube about "How to set ram to 3200" cuz they run at 2133mhz. And i cant figure it out, so i need some helps.
I have not updatet my bios yet so they are in Version 1.2

I also put my ram in slot A1 and B1 in motherboards

My pc specs:

- ASRock Z370 Extreme4
- Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake Prosessor - 3.6 GH
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X - 8GB
- G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C14 DC - 16GB (8x2)
- Intel 600p SSD M.2 NVMe - 512GB
- Corsair RM650x psu
- Noctua NH-U14S
- Fractal Design Meshify
jclausius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jclausius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 12:06am
Do you know if your RAM has XMP profiles? My guess is that it does.

Assuming this is the case, in the UEFI/BIOS see if you can find the settings for DRAM or Memory configuration. Is there a setting for something like "Load XMP Profile" or such setting? If it is set to 'Auto', try setting it to XMP or XMP 2.0, exit the UEFI/BIOS and save the changes. Check your memory times and check for stability.

I have a different mobo/memory, but by default, my memory was running at the specs, until I changed the DRAM configuration to use XMP 2.0.

Edited by jclausius - 10 Feb 2018 at 12:29am
x299e-itx/ac | i7-7820X@3.60GHz | 32GB - 4x8GB Quad Channel@3000MHz GSkill DDR4 | nVidia GTX 1060M w/ 6GB GDDR5 | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | 160GB Seagate Momentus | Panasonic UJ265
vujay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vujay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by jclausius jclausius wrote:

Do you know if your RAM has XMP profiles? My guess is that it does.

Assuming this is the case, in the UEFI/BIOS see if you can find the settings for DRAM or Memory configuration. Is there a setting for something like "Load XMP Profile" or such setting? If it is set to 'Auto', try setting it to XMP or XMP 2.0, exit the UEFI/BIOS and save the changes. Check your memory times and check for stability.

I have a different mobo/memory, but by default, my memory was running at the specs, until I changed the DRAM configuration to use XMP 2.0.

Yep. my ram has XMP profile 2.0

in bios, i go to ''Advanced settings''  then i click on  ''OC Tweaker'' then i choose (DRAM COnfiguration) In this menu (Load Xmp settings, BCLK Frequency, Dram reference clock and DRAM Frequency) all of this is set on AUTO. When i enable XMP-> save and exit, restart the pc then get back on bios, everything is set back on deafault settings and i dont know why.

But i upload some pics here. https://imgur.com/a/B8vA4
Hope its works.

Edited by vujay - 10 Feb 2018 at 10:11am
RichardSchaefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardSchaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:11am
Did you save the changes when exiting UEFI?
Richard
gman737 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 7:09am
I have a similar motherboard (Z370 Taichi) and the manual told me to use slots A2 and B2. I got mine to work at 3200 the first time with no tweaking. Maybe try the other slots?
RichardSchaefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichardSchaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:16pm
I was able to get my 3200 MHz RAM to run at 3200 by manually setting vccio to 1.1 and vccsa to 1.15 in UEFI (as suggested earlier in this thread).  I will try to overclock the RAM soon.  If this is a problem in the UEFI BIOS with setting these values too high, ASRock should correct that.  I wouldn't think it is the XMP settings in the RAM because I am using G. Skill RAM and other manufacturers such as Corsair exhibit the same issue.  I left my RAM in A2 & B2 and also left the voltage at 1.35.
Richard
GBreezy612 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBreezy612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:04am
I'm new also. Had the board for only 2 weeks now. I'm not sure if my settings are set at 3200 but it's been stable like this since I had the board. I did upgrade the bios last week to 1.30.

Edited by GBreezy612 - 14 Feb 2018 at 4:10am
stickystrudel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickystrudel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:30am
I know this is an old thread with no definitive answer... but today I realized that my brother had never configured his RAM to be at 3600mhz, and was still using 2133mhz. I guess he's been sitting at that configuration for 2 years. He was able to get the RAM speed up to 2933mhz (albeit unstably), but setting it any higher would not stay configured.

Earlier in this thread gman737 suggested ensuring that the RAM was installed in slots A2 and B2. Indeed, my brother had his slots installed in A1 and B1. He swapped his RAM sticks to be in slots A2 and B2, and then was able to set the RAM speed to 3600mhz successfully!

Hopefully posting this confirmation of that fix is useful to someone else.
Wrighteyehigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighteyehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 10:04am
I run a i7-6700K and I have two Corsair vengeance 8GB sticks and I can?™t for the life of me understand why I cannot get 3200 frequency. It just resets to default after I change or I?™m unsure if it?™s even changing at all. Posting a screenshot of my view If I could find out how to do that via phone one moment please
Wrighteyehigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighteyehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 10:07am
Here is a giphy link to what I see on my end. Please help :(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic