ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock350 Pro4 Motherboard USB Port Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hesdeadjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock350 Pro4 Motherboard USB Port Problem
    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:54am
Hello everyone :)

I am trying to install Windows 7 64bit onto this motherboard and when the install starts, the usb keyboard and mouse, as well as the flash drive, die and leave the install screen in limbo.

Please read this entire post to avoid replying with another bunch of generic answers.

This is not a driver issue or a compatibility issue as most people seem to think it is. This motherboard is perfectly capable of running windows 7 for what i need to use it for.

What happens is something that should not ever happen to any motherboard. Once the bios transfers command, so to speak, to the installer, all the power to all USB ports is switched off.

Let me say that again. ALL POWER TO ALL USB PORTS IS SWITCHED OFF.

This has been confirmed by my trusty meter. Even the USB 2.0 ports, which were put there specifically for this purpose, have their power cut.

So even if you do use the ps2 port, you still can't continue the install because the USB flash drive no longer has any power.

I can't seem to find any setting in the bios for this, so if anyone has any ideas about any bios functions that i may not fully understand or may have missed, plpease give me a hand if you can.

Using the provided patch does not work. i already tried that, and as i said, the system never see's the patch because the USB power is cut.

I really don't want to open several dozen boxes to try to find my dvd burner or go to the store and buy a 50 pack for a one off install.

And please don't try to sell me on the sh*t sandwich that is windows 10. i'd rather go back to using assembler.

stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 8:30pm
Have you used the Win 7 patch that you need for installing Win 7 on AM4? There is no inbuilt support for Win7, only Win 10.

From ASRock support page:

ntelĀ® N3000 Series SoC, 100 / 200 Series and AMD AM4 chipset has removed their support for the Enhanced Host Controller Interface, so you might find it difficult to install windows7 operation system Since the USB ports won't work.
Please refer to the Web page from following to install Windows7 on AM4 platform mothebroards.
The link is below:
https://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/index.html

Edited by stree - 26 Feb 2018 at 9:45pm
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
 Post Reply Post Reply