ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freeze screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mytilinios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freeze screen
    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 2:49pm
I bought before 2 weeks this system(new)
Specs: cpu:ryzen 3 1200
Ram:Corsair vengeance 1?8gb 2400ghz
Psu: Corsair cx550m
Gpu: gtx 1050ti palit
Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250gb
Mobo: ASRock b350m

Suddenly my PC started to freeze the screen. No black screen,no blue screen, just freeze the screen. The computer needs to shutdown after this by pressing the power button.. the freeze is randomly. For ex. After 30 minutes,after 15 minutes,after 1-2 hours..

The temperatures of the system not exceeds 30 deggres Celsius.

I don't know what to do. I made all tests for memory, disk etc. No problem found..

Thanks I'm waiting a response.

mazssj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazssj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm
What BIOS version do you have?
Mytilinios View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mytilinios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 6:02pm
I have 3.40
vyseark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vyseark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
what's exactly is your motherboard?

Asking because the model ab350m pro4 (my mobo) is well known because of the freezing problem.

Having the same issue here. And nobody in this forum know exactly the cause of the this annoying freezes

Hoping for ASRock realease a patch that fix the problem.

(sorry for my bad english)

Moba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:30pm
I replied to this thread:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7651&PN=13&title=asrock-ab350m-pro4-freezing
Moba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by vyseark vyseark wrote:

what's exactly is your motherboard?

Asking because the model ab350m pro4 (my mobo) is well known because of the freezing problem.

Having the same issue here. And nobody in this forum know exactly the cause of the this annoying freezes

Hoping for ASRock realease a patch that fix the problem.

(sorry for my bad english)

Is it because of the board or is it because it's a budget option that sold really well which resulted in more negative feedback online?

Buying more expensive Samsung memory solves many issues with Ryzen, but few budget builders are willing to pay the premium (it's 30% more here in Canada and DDR4 is ridiculously expensive right now - so I also went with Hynix based memory knowing that I might have to return it and pay up for the Ryzen approved stuff).

I don't have the Pro4 and I also had the freezing problem that required to turn off power to reboot. Honestly, I don't think this is a problem isolated to ASRock boards with Ryzen, but maybe I'm wrong...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic