ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can't enable both Dedicated and onboard graphics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't enable both Dedicated and onboard graphics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuthorPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 6:44am
Actually before installing the 1050 I was using just the onboard VGA. Yeah, I'd rather use the GPU anyhow. Thanks for the reply.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 5:18pm
Actually, the N68-GSF FX does have onboard graphics. It is an older AM3 board not an AM4 like the rest of the posts in this thread. The N68-GSF FX has it's onboard graphics on the chipset not the CPU. To enable it you need to set it's shared memory to anything other than auto.

Chipset Configuration -> Advanced -> Share Memory
Select 256mb (for example) then save and exit.

Your onboard graphics should now be enabled. You will need to install it's drivers which could be tricky as Nvidia no longer supports Integrated "NVIDIA® GeForce 7025 graphics".

To others reading this, please note, this only applies to pre AM4 motherboards that list integrated graphics on their specifications page. If you do not see:
"Integrated xxxxxx" under the graphics portion of your spec sheet then you need a CPU that includes an iGPU (an APU).
Scafidel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scafidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 3:55am
Thanks alot.
I have a B365M Pro4
I was able to add the other monitor I had hooked to the vga outlet on the motherboard by changing the "auto" to 256 in the BIOS.
Scafidel
DennisAngeles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisAngeles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:57am
I have a Ryzen 2200G and GTX 760.

and I can't use both of them.

when I try to install adrenaline drivers I get BSOD.
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by DennisAngeles DennisAngeles wrote:

I have a Ryzen 2200G and GTX 760.

and I can't use both of them.

when I try to install adrenaline drivers I get BSOD.

You should post this in the AMD motherboard section, not the Intel section ;p
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
moskat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moskat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:08pm
I have same problem on Asrock X570 if possible help me
moskat
Cussing Angry Gamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cussing Angry Gamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 11:39pm
How about for the B450 ITX/AC Fatal1ty MOBO with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G processor? i cant seem to get both onboard and discrete gpu's to work at the same time, i have to remove the discrete gpu to use onboard.
robert1307 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert1307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 2:58am
For those who doesn't see "Primary Graphics Adapter" option at all - make sure CSM (compatibility support mode) under "Boot" tab is disabled.
SnierPudding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnierPudding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 12:23pm
Have you figured it out yet? I did it on my past set up with the exact same specs but after a system wipe the setting went back to normal and I lost my second screen.
Logan Rosenow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic