ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Gaming ITX/ac - XMP reset on power loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hifihedgehog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Gaming ITX/ac - XMP reset on power loss
    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 12:44pm
This XMP bug is somewhat fixed, but still other settings DO NOT persist after a restart or being unplugged from the wall. For someone who travels or attends LANs frequently and has to unplug my computer often, this is simply inexcusable. Namely, if I disable Bank Group Swap (BGS) and manually set the SOC voltage in the CBS area, these settings will reset when the system is disconnected from the wall. So I have to go through the exercise of booting into the BIOS and tediously reapplying these settings after every power disconnection. As a result, when Zen 2 is released, I will be searching out a motherboard from ASUS and will be moving on from ASRock. Quite simply, I cannot have a motherboard that does not have fully persistent BIOS settings that are unaffected by AC power.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 6:34am
Another week, another MIA non-beta BIOS update with the latest AGESA.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:37am
Two months later and no new non-beta BIOS with the latest AGESA. This is getting ridiculous...
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:26am
Pls for 2200g & 2400g use Agesa 1002a beta   
Mobawe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mobawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:47pm
I agree

I experience the same issues with my AB350 ITX. and 2400G

I strongly urge Asrock to get that BIOS update out. 
I begin to suspect, that they have decided to just let us hang and then focussing on the new boards :-(

We talk several months now?, soon half a year ?
Ryzen 5 2400g/ ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ NH-L9A-AM4 L.PROFILE/ INWIN-CHOPIN 150W/ G.Skill Ripjaws V-DDR4,2x8-3600MHz(F4-3600C16D-16GVK)/ Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E500-SSD-500GB/ UEFI-bios 4.51A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:43am
I wholeheartedly agree. ASRock used to be so good, but they have totally fumbled in the area of long term support with this model. It has been well over a month now and they still have not released a non-beta BIOS update with PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.3b, which fixes overaggressive GPU clock throttling on Raven Ridge CPUs. I could see taking two weeks, maybe three, for validation, but this has gotten totally out of hand.

Edited by hifihedgehog - 12 Jun 2018 at 10:44am
Choronsodom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choronsodom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by DiYei DiYei wrote:

Printing the return label to Amazon as I type, I'm ordering a Strix B350I as a replacement, drop me a PM if you would like to know how it goes with it

Good call if you're in the return period window. The Strix B350I doesn't have any video out for some odd reason so that won't work for my 2400G. I'm still curious how the board works for you though as there's an X470 model with HDMI so I'm guessing a B450I will eventually surface and not be drastically different than the 3XX series. These boards hardware wise look great and I have more stock in Asus delivering a proper BIOS than AsRock.

DiYei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiYei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:49am
Printing the return label to Amazon as I type, I'm ordering a Strix B350I as a replacement, drop me a PM if you would like to know how it goes with it
Choronsodom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choronsodom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:44am
My 2400G and XMP 3000 G.Skill B-die has the same behaviour. I believe there's a bug with the memory training option (even if disabled) getting re-enabled after a long shutdown. If I set my memory past XMP 2933 the issue is easily reproducable. This has to be one of the worst AsRock motherboards (AB350 ITX) I've ever owned. So many small issues that aren't being addressed with a simple BIOS update it's ludicrous. Going to sell this POS board at a loss and grab something better for my 2400G. If anyone has good experiences with other ITX boards please let me know. The only way ASRock will learn is if we take our money elsewhere hurting their sales. I will be recommending everyone I know in this space to stay away from these board period. Garbage.

Edited by Choronsodom - 05 Jun 2018 at 9:47am
DiYei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiYei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 7:51am
I got a mail from technical support with the most unprofessional response:

It translates to "Return it"

What a joke
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic