ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firestrike scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 10:05pm
Number 3 with your CPU/GPU combo, nice going Thumbs Up
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 10:57pm
Yup, saw that. He has his chip at 5.3 so most likely using LN2, no catching him, lol. Most pleased with the chip, gpu and Asrock mobo though. 
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:34am
new high with the cold air... Big smile

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7316203

PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:31am
How much does the CPU OC affect your scores with that GPU? I've noticed that my own GPU is so much of a bottleneck, than even a ~20% OC will only result in an increase in the physics benchmark, which seems to be pretty irrelevant in the calculation of the total score. For the other parts of the benchmark - yes, even the combined test - my CPU OCs have had no effect. Only OC'ing the GPU helps. I would expect your CPU to be able to keep up with a single 980 Ti with ease, but since they're probably more balanced than my CPU/GPU combo, I'm curious.
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:32am
Number 2 with that CPU/GPU combo now congrats Thumbs Up

Only a few points separating you from #1 now and the top guy is at 5.3ghz. You top all his scores save physics.
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 9:59am
Thanks Xaltar.

I find CPU OC to be very important in getting a good score. I could tell during the run when I got the cpu at 5.04 that is was going to be my best run to date.  It especially important when i have only the 4 core chip, the 6 core chips just walk all over me in physics and combined score. No worries there though, I knew that going in.
Still need to tweak the gpu bios some, some throttling still going on. Disapprove
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 1:50pm
So we already have the number two Firestike score in the world in the Xaltar/ASRock Firestrike thread, and on page two of the thread! Clap Censored Clap Handshake Beer

On an ASRock board too, take that naysayers! Ouch Angry Dead  LOLLOLLOL

Nice work DooRules! Don't fret over the six core processor scores, that's an unequal comparison.

BTW people, DooRules has experience with all kinds of PC hardware and mother boards. If he says he likes his Z170 Extreme7+ board, that means something. I really like this board too.

I recently read a thread in another forum where the author said Skylake was the worst platform ever, that was the thread title. That of course is nonsense, as well as bringing new interfaces and capabilities (NVMe PCIe SSD support via the chipset, and also in RAID with the IRST driver), it remains as stable as earlier Intel generations.

C'mon Xaltar, a G3258? When I saw my GFLOP results with my good G3258 OC'd to 4.5GHz, compared to my Haswell Xeon (Xeon GFLOPs are ~5x the G3258), reality set in real quick. Confused

Skylake runs cool baby, cool. Cool  Plus they laugh at voltages Haswell users cringe over. Pinch

IF these Skylake processors had solder under the IHS, it would be the reincarnation of Sandy Bridge, but even better. Shocked

My Haswell-E chip OCs easily, and the upcoming Broadwell-E 10 Core processor might be amazing. But Skylake-E will be famous, mark my words! Geek
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 9:19pm
Thanks for the kind words parsec. Much appreciated bud. Smile

The Skylake chip on this Asrock board is truly an awesome combo. It is capable of hanging with the six core chip systems which speaks volumes to its efficiency. Most pleased with the performance.

Took me a little time to figure out how Asrock has implemented their LLC settings in bios but now it is relatively easy to get the chip over 5.0 at required Vc to be stable. Last night at 5.1 on the chip I had idle temps down to 4',4',4' and 2' C.  Cinebench topped out at 65' on one core, that is amazing.

For a 4 core chip the 6700k is most capable chip. Love it. Thumbs Up

Edited by DooRules - 24 Jan 2016 at 9:19pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 9:48pm
My scores on my 6600k are nothing to write home about atm. I don't have a Z170 board atm so no overclocking yet. I will get there eventually then I'll have a crack at the number 1 spot for a GTX 960 + 6600k. I suspect it will be no mean feat given the popularity of this particular combo with more budget oriented gamers. On the up side my GPU is a brilliant clocker so all I need is a solid OC on my i5 and I am in with a shot Big smile

Sadly my #1 G3258 score has been knocked off it's perch but someone managed a better OC and got a good run so congratz to them. My G3258 was tripping the limits on that run so I won't be beating it this time out. Still holding on at #2 though Thumbs Up 

I love my Z97 Extreme3, before that my scores were abysmal. Not only did my G3258 refuse to go over 4.2 on my last board but my GPU would cause TDRs and not even OC half as well as it does on the Extreme3. My best run on the Extreme3 was @4.6ghz which means my G3258 wasn't as much of a dud as I had first thought. To be fair to the original board I had it in, it was only a B85 chipset so not the best for OCing.

Edited by Xaltar - 24 Jan 2016 at 9:54pm
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 5:44am
New score again... Big smile

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7326106

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic