ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firestrike scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 5:55am
Another silly question: are these all single runs with different setups or do you do several runs on each setup and then select the best?
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 6:03am
Not quite sure what you are asking. Hardware is all the same. Just trying different clocks on both gpu and cpu, with a healthy dose of cold air blasting the rad.

Had two cores at 0' C and two at 2' C for the cpu, gpu temp was at 6' C for start of run. Smile
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 6:17am
Gratz on #1 DooRules Thumbs Up
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 6:20am
Well, like with any other benchmark, there will be some variation between different runs even if you don't change anything. On my system it's roughly 1%, which would on your system mean ~200 points, but I don't know if the variation is directly scalable like that. If you really want to see what the OC is achieving, you should run the test at least a couple of times and see if the average result changes. It's also worth it because you can score extra points "for free".
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 7:56am
Onboard Intel 530 run, thought it would do better...

DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 10:10pm
1.55 Vc and 1.85 V for memory on gpu

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7788154

Edited by DooRules - 05 Mar 2016 at 11:38pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 11:54pm
Awesome score DooRules Thumbs Up

I am still waiting on getting a board capable of overclocking so I can overclock the crap out of my 6600k and do a few runs Cool
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 11:47pm
Yes, the Firestrike score is amazing, but there is something else amazing lurking in DooRules screenshot. That is this:

Yes, an OC of his i7-6700K to 5.1GHz!!  Shocked  Censored  Clap

That is on his ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ board! This board is really not ASRock's ultimate Skylake board for over clocking. That is the Z170 OC Formula.

DooRules, you might want to validate that OC on CPU-Z, just to be... well... validated!! Wink

The Core Voltage we can see is actually the VID, which may not be the true VCore. HWiNFO64 will display the true VCore on this board. That is shown under the ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ (Nuvoton NCT6791D) heading.

DooRules, what voltage setting in the UEFI were you using for your 5.1GHz OC?

That might have been a so called suicide run, but it certainly lasted long enough to run the Firestrike benchmark without crashing, right?

IMO, this OC deserves a thread of its own in this sub-forum. Cool

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 12:40am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Yes, the Firestrike score is amazing, but there is something else amazing lurking in DooRules screenshot. That is this:

Yes, an OC of his i7-6700K to 5.1GHz!!  Shocked  Censored  Clap

That is on his ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ board! This board is really not ASRock's ultimate Skylake board for over clocking. That is the Z170 OC Formula.

DooRules, you might want to validate that OC on CPU-Z, just to be... well... validated!! Wink

The Core Voltage we can see is actually the VID, which may not be the true VCore. HWiNFO64 will display the true VCore on this board. That is shown under the ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ (Nuvoton NCT6791D) heading.

DooRules, what voltage setting in the UEFI were you using for your 5.1GHz OC?

That might have been a so called suicide run, but it certainly lasted long enough to run the Firestrike benchmark without crashing, right?

IMO, this OC deserves a thread of its own in this sub-forum. Cool

Seconded. I totally missed the 5.1ghz CPU-Z screen. Good thing I finally have my new glasses Tongue
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 10:03am
I validated a better one parsec... Tongue  the 5.1 is no suicide run, can run it for as long as bench session lasts, no problem, just need cold air Smile

I set Vc to 1.5 (max) in bios and then use LLC1 to let the Vc jump during bench runs. It goes to 1.52 Vc and stays there for bench run.

By far the best and most stable bios for me at these speeds is 2.31. All others do weird things and don't allow this chip speed.

Notice the core temps at 5.15  Tongue

http://valid.x86.fr/9eiy2k

Edited by DooRules - 16 Mar 2016 at 10:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic