ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firestrike scores

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 1:14pm
Clap

Are you able to run cinebench at 5.1?
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 6:42pm
Sure thing, even at 5.15 Big smile

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 6:54pm
Mind = Blown

For those not familiar with the baselines that score beats out a 6 core 12 thread Xeon and comes within 200 points of a 12 core 24 thread Xeon. I would guess that score is in line with an 8 core 16 thread Xeon with only half the cores/threads. Damn fine score there DooRules. 

To put things in perspective my i5 6600k @stock scores 606.

Edited by Xaltar - 16 Mar 2016 at 6:54pm
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 9:48am
I think I obviously lucked out with a good chip. That being said I am reasonably confident if I had a bios to allow for more Vc I could get a little more out of her. Smile

All comes down to good cooling.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 1:37pm
"All comes down to good cooling". Cool

I'll say... I know you use liquid cooling, but did not know your PC is in the same room as your snowmobile. Wink

Yes, a VCore of 1.52V is the standard max for your processor. You'd need an override jumper if that is even possible on Skylake. Then again, I doubt you want to ruin that chip. Shocked

Have you tried to go beyond 5150MHz, and it won't boot, etc?

Xaltar, if you knew where DooRules started from in his PC building not long ago, you would be surprised... at first. As I told him, he is back with a vengeance!! Beer

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 2:12pm
With a vengeance is right Evil Smile Beer

I have always loved overclocking and seeing people achieving these kinds of result really inspire me to push my own systems more. Amusingly I usually only do suicide runs on my systems then run them at or near stock for daily use Embarrassed I think the most extreme overclock I ever had as a constant setting was my old P4 2.4 Northy that I had running at 3.65ghz the entire time I owned it. 

Damn now I wanna hear a story about DooRules earliest forays into PC building.....
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 12:52am
Well... while I should let him tell his own story, I can give you the short version. It may not be quite what you are expecting.

I "met" DooRules at the OCN SSD sub-forum, a few years ago. He was a hardcore PC builder at that time.

I believe it was last year, 2015, that he lost all his PCs in a home fire. Shocked Ouch

The good news is he survived, and is back into the PC building game with his first new build I believe, his ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ board and i7-6700K.

You know the rest... Wink
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 1:22am
Glad to see he bounced back, I am looking forward to seeing more Thumbs Up
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 10:08am
Yup, met parsec when ssd's were still relatively new. I was buying anything new to get higher bench numbers at the time. Smile

Only had to read a couple of parsec's posts to realize he had much knowledge on ssd's and pc's in general. A great guy to bounce stuff off. Like me I think parsec is willing to try anything pc wise, no matter how unconventional. Ya never know till ya try in my motto. Big smile

Last fall lost just about everything in a house fire. About the only thing I didn't lose was a chip and some ram I had loaned out to a buddy. I still have that 3960x chip, and it is a good one. Will do 5.4 all day on cold air. Here is a pic of my last pc I lost in the fire. I could cry just looking at what I lost. Cry

here is the most excellent chip...Smile  still the highest clocked 3960x on OCN I believe

Edited by DooRules - 21 Mar 2016 at 10:09am
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 10:12am
I did try to post my 6700k at 5.25 parsec. Froze up on last second of windows login screen.  5.2 may be doable if I get a cold enough night, but they are running out fast with spring here. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic