ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

G10 DEAD / BRICKED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G10 DEAD / BRICKED
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:04am
Hello

I updated my newest ASRock from 2.09 to 2.18 (newest firmware). Now the router is DEAD. I updated via WLAN with my laptop.

The router is JUST dead, NO LED LIGHTS, NO WIFI, NO ACCESS via LAN CABLE. It is just dead.
Before it worked, I just wanted a firmware update.

I tried a hard resest (30/30/30) by pressing the RESET Button, no help.

Any help available?
rups View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 10:54pm
Hello, 
it seems your router is soft-bricked. I had the same issue when installing the latest DD-WRT firmware. 
No Leds -> the router stucks at boot. I fixed it by disassembling the router and connection an raspberry pi serial connection to the serial port on the motherboard. Then i was able to access the UBOOT bootloader. I managed to tftp a working DD-WRT image from an working router and reflashed the NAND flash chip. Then it started up again but i needed several days to find out. 

I hope i have helped.
FireStorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:32am
Thx, at least I got an answer.

Problem: I do not have the equipment and I am not really good at those things. Hmm so I can only send it for repair obviously.
margaspeak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote margaspeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:31pm
Just send it to repair shop then or ask someone to come over and fix it for you. 
FireStorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 2:28am
Originally posted by margaspeak margaspeak wrote:

Just send it to repair shop then or ask someone to come over and fix it for you. 

HOW???
FireStorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 4:26pm
???
slurpeemachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slurpeemachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by rups rups wrote:

Hello, 
it seems your router is soft-bricked. I had the same issue when installing the latest DD-WRT firmware. 
No Leds -> the router stucks at boot. I fixed it by disassembling the router and connection an raspberry pi serial connection to the serial port on the motherboard. Then i was able to access the UBOOT bootloader. I managed to tftp a working DD-WRT image from an working router and reflashed the NAND flash chip. Then it started up again but i needed several days to find out. 

I hope i have helped.

Hi Rups,

I'm in the exact same situation as you, can you please help me out with the files you used?
I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
FireStorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FireStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:43am
Support is very bad here :-(
iherbak77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iherbak77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:32pm
Hi!

Could you provide me with guide on how you disassembled and connected to the pi?

Thanks
iherbak77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iherbak77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by rups rups wrote:

Hello, 

I hope i have helped.

Could you provide info on dissassembly and connectiong the pi?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic