ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z170 Extreme4 UEFI freeze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 2:41pm
Don't get me wrong, letting the manufacturer know there is a problem is one of the more important functions of these forums Wink

My point was simply that ASRock is not the only manufacturer subject to this particular problem which means it is likely intel that needs to address it and pass on the updated firmware to manufactures. I am not speaking with any insider knowledge here but it seems logical that if a broad spectrum of boards from numerous manufacturers have a similar problem then it must stem from a common element. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Joloxx9 Joloxx9 wrote:

I understound everything, but that problem is really old. It's not something new. And now, I'm afraid that ASRock is not aware about that problem and we will never see fix for it.

I understand your frustration. We (Xaltar and I) don't like it too. Remember that we have never said this does not happen. It is not possible for ASRock to not know that users like yourself are saying this happens sometimes.

ASRock is not saying this does not happen. I started using a new UEFI version for my ASRock Z170 board (version 3.00), and so far I have not had it freeze while using it.

If we learned why this does happen, we would be the first to tell you.
Cristian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 5:43pm
Hello all,

I am an owner of an Asrock  Z170 Extreme 7+ with an i7 6700k. The bios freeze problem is an old issue, that was fixed long ago, along with other issues, after I talked directly with the technical support .
If you have the latest bioses on any asrock mainboards you should not have those freeze problem.
But from what I see not all people upgrade their mainboard bioses, and start complaining about this or that is not working.
I'm not saying that some mainboards don't have some hardware defects, but try to talk first with the technical support so to be convinced that is not a bios problem or some settings wrong.
From what i see all manufacturers have more or less problems so in the end is a question of luck.
What i noticed is that except that freeze problem asrock has less problems, I don't know why, and their technical support answered me each time in 2-3 working days.
Those freezing problems happened at start when you were going from normal to advanced bios and from advanced to normal, and also if you set Boot Performance Mode to use CPU at low frequency (I think is disabled).
zannare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zannare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:04pm
z170 fatality k6+ motherboard

same problem, too many freeze, its really frustrating
sometimes it took me 4/5 attemps to just change one setting
pretty impossible for me enter on fan controller graphical interface, and when i can enter i cant modify anything
i tried every single bios version, with same result
AJG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 4:31am
I've just found a fix for this error. Update the bios and clear CMOS using the jumper. Everything works now. Hope that helps. Smile
Raytxn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raytxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 10:00pm
I have a z170 pro4 and having the same freezing problem. Updated all the drivers and still freezing.

threadlock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:01pm
Im also experiencing freezing everyday while in Windows, at random times after the boot. System is not responding except the mouse. Im using z170 pro4. Random freeze also happens while Im in BIOS setup. It's quite annoying because it happens everyday.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:24pm
Threadlock, your issue is not related to UEFI freezing, please make your own thread and include your full system specs.

This thread is specifically about UEFI freezing.
GuardianGI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuardianGI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 12:49am
Asrock z170 extreme 6, same problem. I have pretty much tried every bios version and I am on 7.21 currently. Have tried bios reset. Sometimes I can't make a single change before the bios freezes. Will never buy asrock motherboard again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic