ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Disappointed with Asrock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed with Asrock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disappointed with Asrock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4
    Posted: 01 May 2018 at 11:22pm
[URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL]This is the first time ive paid $170 for a motherboard and I am very disappointed in all the overclock options missing. This is my 3rd Asrock motherboard i have bought (other 2 were for intel) and have always been pleased with the bios options. Many settings are missing, but one of the obvious ones is LLC. How does a $170 motherboard not have Load Line Calibration? Vdroop is definitely present in overclocking on this board and I would love to have it. Please Asrock, add many of the overclocking options that other motherboard makers have for this price range!

Edit: I also forgot to mention that the metal bar above the pci-e slot was only being held on by one screw when i opened the box. This caused the bar to be wedged between the rear screw mount and the back of the I/O plate. The back of the I/O plate got some scratches because of this. It could have been far worst if it would have completely came unscrewed!

Edited by GMcD - 01 May 2018 at 11:28pm
GMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:21am
Something definitely isnt right. I just read a detailed review of the ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 and its bios options are identical to mine! How is it a budget board has the same options as a mid range board!?
GMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:01am
More proof something is wrong. This screen shot is from the Asrock x370 Fatal1ty K4 review. Notice all those nice options under voltage configuration ? All those are missing in my bios!

https://imgur.com/a/8JsUhzH
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 4:59pm
That screenshot is from a Gaming K4 R1.0 board that had LCC and some other options, those were removed in R2.0, if its any good my Fata1ity X370 ITX/ac does not have: BUS Clock option, LCC option, GPU overclock option (for 2xxxG Series CPU), OVP/OCP option like in that screenshot, it also does not have SoC voltage reporting in UEFI, so you dont know what's the actual SoC voltage you set.
And the Fatal1ty X370 ITX/ac was more expensive than your board and I think it currently is.
So dont worry, if you really need stable UEFI with no bugs and all OC option you should go with an Asus Strix board, ASRock will never add the options that you want (the ones in that screen shot), LCC is not essential nor beneficial to Ryzen, for the rest you can OC the 2xxx to the MAX with the options you have, I know I can. 

PS: Do you have a SoC voltage reporting entry in UEFI in the "Hardware monitor" page?

Cheers

Edited by cristy6100 - 02 May 2018 at 5:01pm
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
GMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:45pm
Yes, i have VDDCR_SOC reporting at +0.888 volts. If what your saying is true about Asrock not adding the missing options, it might be time for me to send it back and get another board.

Edited by GMcD - 02 May 2018 at 5:46pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:31pm
Trust me, they wont add the missing options anytime soon, I am waiting for 2 months for a new UEFI that fixes the 2400G stuttering in games, I also reported in march at least 6-10 bugs to ASRock in the current UEFI's, like you cannot disable the SATA controller/LAN Controller/USB controllers of the board and a couple more and they did not fix any of them yet but they acknowledged all of them ....
I have been an ASRock fan for years and choose them over Asus, but this time around, when Asus launches the X470 Strix I-Gaming (the ITX variant) I will switch to that one from this Fatal1ty X370 ITX/ac, tired of waiting for some fixes to things that I have never in my life seen on other boards not available or not functioning... its basic testing in a UEFI before mass release that ASRock is lacking.
There was an update 2 days ago to AGESA 1.0.0.2 that suposedly fixed the stuttering, installed it and it broken all USB ports except the 2 2.0 ports on the back.... can you believe them? not even testing basic functionality like USB's before releasing a UEFI? After that they took down the UEFI links....
My suggestion is if you can, send the board back and switch to Asus

Cheers

Edited by cristy6100 - 02 May 2018 at 6:34pm
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:22am

https://youtu.be/x7HVXq6U0r0?t=349

Time 349 !!!

Edited by J Z - 03 May 2018 at 1:23am
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 6:10am
JZ, I guess you are with the UEFI software part, I understand all good intentions, but when you dont have on a "Fatal1ty" board the GPU overclock settings and I don't mean the AMD AGESA ones, I mean one in OC Tweaker with normal voltage settings and clock settings, or you dont fix basic bugs like making sure you can disable SATA/LAN/USB controllers in UEFI.
Or the Chassis Fan 1 (on the X370 ITX/ac) when set to DC mode will lower speed by 600-2000RPM depending on connected fan/pump) I can only recommend Asus next, MSI is out of the question (worse than current ASRock situation and Gigabyte is the same) it seems Asus has nailed it with current AM4 lower or upper tier, they at least offer a GPU overclock option and SoC voltage monitoring in UEFI (how can the AB350 ITX/ac or X370 ITX/ac not have SoC voltage monitor when they are a "Fatal1ity" branded board? 
Anyway for the moment I recommend still an Asus Board, any B350/X370/B450/X470 from Asus will have more options and be more stable than current "top end" Fatal1ity" boards... too bad.. I trusted ASRock over Asus from the time they where a sub-brand of Asus (or more common name Pegatron), I always recommended ASRock over Asus... but now.. I cant do that anymore and its a shame really cause I dont like Asus at all...

Edited by cristy6100 - 03 May 2018 at 6:16am
GMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:07am
You have definitely talked me into RMA my board. Guess im going with Asus. Its a shame that the brand Asrock i have trusted over my last 3 boards is a marketing gimmick.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 4:07pm
You wont be dissapointed with any AM4 Asus board, much nicer UEFI and functional at least.
I will be curious after you get you new board to hear the comparison bettwen it and the ASRock one.

Cheers and have a nice day
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic