ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

M.2 SSD in RAID configuration?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xileades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 10:55pm
After enabling RAID mode on Z590 Pro 4, I can't set up the M2_1, M2_2 shows up just fine and other 2 SATA drives show up and could be built into a RAID 1 unit but the other pair not
Xileades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xileades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 11:01pm
I mean, both disks are detected each under Advanced\Storage configuration as

M2_1: WD Blue SN570 250GB
M2_2: WD Blue SN570 250GB

Yet i only get M2_X RST Pcie Storage Remapping for the 2
Xileades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xileades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 12:13am
Nevermind, i switched the HD to the M2_3 and it worked
ortuksur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ortuksur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 7:17pm
This is a little shocking but with native NVMe support in motherboards now a days I guess this makes sense. Seems overclocking and running RAID has become a thing of the past. Great vid Tech!!
ortuksur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ortuksur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 7:22pm
You can use the NVME as a boot drive and install the OS. Add the SSD in Raid 0 and it will have a drive letter which you can use for storage roblox numbers SurveyZop applebees
Rcw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rcw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Dear BChat,

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Regarding your question, please follow the steps to setup the RAID volume.
1.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Press F2 or Del during POST to get into BIOS.
2.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Press F6 to Advanced mode.
3.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select Advanced, Storage Configuration, and set SATA Mode selection from [AHCI] to [Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration (RAID Mode)].
4.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Set Launch Storage OpROM Policy from [Legacy only] to [UEFI only].
5.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Set M2_1 ??RST Pcie Storage Remapping from [Disabled] to [Enabled].
6.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Set M2_2 ??RST Pcie Storage Remapping from [Disabled] to [Enabled].
7.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Press F10 to save configuration change and get into BIOS again.
8.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select Advanced, Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology, Create RAID Volume.
9.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Key-in a volume name and press <Enter>, or simply press <Enter> to accept the default name
10.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select your desired RAID Level and press <Enter>
11.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select the hard drives to be included in the RAID array and press <Enter>
12.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select a stripe size for the RAID array and press <Enter>
13.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select Create Volume and press <Enter> to start creating the RAID array

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD

Rcw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rcw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Rcw Rcw wrote:

Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Dear BChat,

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Regarding your question, please follow the steps to setup the RAID volume.
1.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Press F2 or Del during POST to get into BIOS.
2.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Press F6 to Advanced mode.
3.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select Advanced, Storage Configuration, and set SATA Mode selection from [AHCI] to [Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration (RAID Mode)].
4.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Set Launch Storage OpROM Policy from [Legacy only] to [UEFI only].
5.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Set M2_1 ??RST Pcie Storage Remapping from [Disabled] to [Enabled].
6.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Set M2_2 ??RST Pcie Storage Remapping from [Disabled] to [Enabled].
7.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Press F10 to save configuration change and get into BIOS again.
8.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select Advanced, Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology, Create RAID Volume.
9.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Key-in a volume name and press <Enter>, or simply press <Enter> to accept the default name
10.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select your desired RAID Level and press <Enter>
11.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select the hard drives to be included in the RAID array and press <Enter>
12.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select a stripe size for the RAID array and press <Enter>
13.<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>Select Create Volume and press <Enter> to start creating the RAID array

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD

SATa mode for me only has AHCI, that is the only option. What do I need to do now?
Rcw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rcw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 12:32pm
Also, if I wasn?™t clear, I?™m trying to make a RAID 5 with NVMe
Rcw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rcw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 11:52pm
Posting again to set the bit to email me when there are replies. My apologies for the spamming.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic