ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

OC + Turbo Boost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormbringer999s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OC + Turbo Boost
    Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:16pm
Is it just me or do you have to have Turbo Boost enabled these days to OC your base frequency? Way back when you'd disable Turbo Boost and the like to ensure your base OC was stable, now I can't seem to adjust the CPU Ratio without Turbo Boost enabling itself after originally being disabled. Is it me, the Bios, the CPU, wth is going on lol. So confused : )
MNMadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNMadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 8:29am
When you overclock, you aren't modifying the base frequency.  You are modifying the boost frequency -- setting the all-core boost to the speed you want.
Heatripper Threadkiller
// 1950X @ 4.141GHz 16C/16T // Taichi // 32GB 3232 RAM //
// Titan Xp @ 2075MHz/12,000MHz // 2TB+512GB NVMe SSDs // Custom Liquid Cooling Loop //
kevingomes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevingomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 1:19am
Regarding this issue, I contacted http://hpsupports.co/hp-customer-support/ and got some tips on how to resolve it. You can try it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic