ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

XMP profile not booting Z370

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XMP profile not booting Z370
    Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:51pm
Hi, im not an expert in overclocking, all i want it to run my pc at is recommended speed and run the factory turbo overclock @ 4.5 or 4.7 ghz.

Here is my setup

Motherboard : Asrock Z370 Pro 4
Cpu : Intel I7-8700k
Ram : Gskill 2x8GB F4-3200C16D-8GTZB
GPU: Gygabyte G1 OC GTX 970
SSD: Samsung 960 PRO NVME 
HDD: 2TB Seagate baracuda

Gskill timing are 16-18-18-38 @ 1.35v according to gskill and XMP

First this isn't a cooling issue since my pc run around 22-35C on desktop and in game Max load never went over 65.

I updated bios to 2.0

When i choose XMP profile and don't overclock or use the default Turbo boost at 4.5 or 4.7 ghz for cpu my PC doesn't boot and after 10-15 sec it pop me a message that pc failled to boot and get me back into bios

If i only use the default turbo boost at 4.5 or 4.7 and put the ram in JEDEC 2133 setting, everything run fine but my ram is slower then supposed when i benchmark.

if i manually overclock to 4.7 and setup xmp profile the PC boot but the ram make error in under 30 sec when i run memtest and my game crash every 5 to 30 min.

I've heard to put the voltage to 1.37 but i can't do it, when i type 1.37 in the dram voltage section it's revert back to 1.35 when i press enter. 

I'm not very good with all those OC setting but i'm able to read and follow a guide if people can help me

Edited by zerat - 21 May 2018 at 10:53pm
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:55am

Dear Zerat,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, we provide some suggestion to try.

1.       For better overclock performance, please install the memory module at A2, B2 slot.

2.       Please install each memory module once a time and check if both modules work at 3200 properly.

3.       We also provide the memory support list for your reference, all the memory module on the memory support list have tested and can works properly.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370%20Pro4/index.asp#Memory

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

zerat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:26am
Thank you alot !!!

I swapped my memory from slot A1/B1to A2/B2 like you told me, Loaded XMP in bios and it booted ! then did the factory CPU OC to 4.7ghz in the board menu and it booted again.

i've now runned Dual Memtest for about 30 min and not a single error.

I also runned a userbenchmark test and both my cpu and ram runned over average for my rigs.

Now its time to do a manual cpu OC. big thank you again

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic