ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z77 Pro4 BIOS recovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote UzY3L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z77 Pro4 BIOS recovery
    Posted: 30 May 2018 at 1:43pm
Hello,

After updating to BIOS version 1.80, my motherboard would not boot. It would either beep 4 times or 6 times, then restart. Recovery via USB did not work.

What did work was contacting ASRock support about this issue and they sent me a new BIOS chip, no questions asked. I had my board up and running in 2 minutes.

This thread is for two things: the recovery procedure is to contact ASRock support because trying to recover the BIOS from USB will not work and also, I wanted to thank them.

So, thank you ASRock support for doing a great job!
CHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:42pm
Hi,

I've got the exact same behavior with this mainboard:
6 short beeps, the restart. Sometimes just 4 short beeps.
Does anyone know what these beep codes really mean ?

I already contacted ASRock support one week ago, but no reply so far.

I highly appreciate any help.

CHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 7:36pm
... update

20 minutes after my post ASRock support answered my request and also offered me to test a new bios chip, which I received yesterday.

To keep it short:
With the new chip the board is running fine again!

So, also from my side:
Thank you ASRock support for doing a great job!
markeightch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeightch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 7:21am
I have the same problem - I updated the BIOS on my Z77 Pro4 from 1.4 to 1.8 and the motherboard doesn't do anything, I can't detect that it's entering the POST because I don't get a chance to enter the BIOS menus- I get nothing but the fans turning on. Can this be fixed with a new BIOS chip?
markeightch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeightch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 1:46am
any thoughts
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic