ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Pro4M TPM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aksa0110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Pro4M TPM
    Posted: 31 May 2018 at 7:18pm
Hello guys,

This is my first post, one out of many I hope, and I am in need of your assistance. 

I want to have TPM on my motherboard Z77 Pro4M which does not have TPM pins but on the motherboard there is TPM header but the pins/connector is not soldered onto motherboard. I am thinking of soldering some pins onto the motherboard where TPM header is supposed to be and after attach module to it.

My question is can this be done so that I can use TPM? If there is no factory soldered pins for TPM is there any software issues I should be aware of or any other issue that comes to your mind?

I have tried with local dealers to figure this one out but every one of them say that the motherboard is in End of life cycle and that they can not acquire original manufacturers parts.

What do you think, please share your thoughts with me whatever you think.

Thank you. 

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 1:32am
It entirely depends on if the required silicon is present. If the traces are just leading nowhere then soldering pins to the header will achieve nothing. If you can find out what pins carry the data signals and test for to see if anything is coming through them, that's where I would start. 

Odds are that some pins will be connected to something (power, ground etc) but if the data pins connect to nothing (absent controller chip) then you are wasting your time. 

If you are not lucky with the pinouts then you could always try something like 3rd party encryption software. There are quite a few options out there.
aksa0110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aksa0110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 3:20pm
Yes, my plan was to look and trace silicon on motherboard to see if it leads to somewhere or not. Otherwise there is no point in doing this. 

I will dismantle my computer in the next couple of days and take a good look on the motherboard. After that I will post my findings and some pictures if I am successful.   
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:52pm
Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you find Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic