ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No signal coming from external graphics card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No signal coming from external graphics card
    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:36am
Parts list here https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TdCfyX

I don't get a video signal coming from any graphics card inserted into the AB350 Pro4 (in any PCI slot). I've tried two graphics cards: the GT 210 and GTX 1070 (from a working machine). The GT 210 works fine in a working computer. Both cards get power, fans/lights are on. 
Clearing the CMOS has no effect. Re-seating the RAM, trying only one RAM stick or using different RAM doesn't seem to make a difference. 

I was able to see the video output twice after the initial build, but nothing since. Not sure where to go from here, any assistance would be helpful. 
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:17am
Look for a sticker on the board to see what BIOS version it has.  You more than likely won't get it to POST because it doesn't have an updated PinnaclePi BIOS.  4.xx and higher.  If that is the case, then your option is to either return your board, request AMD for a free boot kit to help you flash it to something recent, or to find a local shop to flash it for you (fee may be required).  
anonion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:30am
There's a chip above PCI 1 that has "P4.60" on it. Also, the box had a "Ryzen 2000 ready" sticker. 
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:54am
Okay, that's good then!  Take it out of the case then and try and start it up with bare minimum.  
anonion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 3:32am
Took it out and rebuilt it in the box it came in with only one RAM stick, video card and CPU fan connected. Still no video :/ 

Sent a support ticket to ASRock. If they don't come back with anything, I may just have to send it back to Amazon. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 5:55am
If you are using HDMI, try a different cable type. HDMI cables can be problematic.
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 6:31am
Try hitting the [Tab] key on your keyboard when it boots.
This switches the screen, and may do the trick.

I use DisplayPort as my main on a GTX1070.  I also have HDMI attached and everything really wants to use the HDMI screen instead.  However using Tab (once) has just switched it for Windows and it shows ASRock logo on the DisplayPort connected screen.  Once in the OS, things might be different, and Linux Mint seems to want to jump screens.

Best of luck
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
anonion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

If you are using HDMI, try a different cable type. HDMI cables can be problematic.
The graphics card has VGA, HDMI and DVI outputs. Tried all 3 and same result. 

Originally posted by VUMeter VUMeter wrote:

Try hitting the [Tab] key on your keyboard when it boots.
This switches the screen, and may do the trick.

I use DisplayPort as my main on a GTX1070.  I also have HDMI attached and everything really wants to use the HDMI screen instead.  However using Tab (once) has just switched it for Windows and it shows ASRock logo on the DisplayPort connected screen.  Once in the OS, things might be different, and Linux Mint seems to want to jump screens.

Best of luck

Interesting. I gave it a try, but nothing was displayed. 
Something I noticed when attempting this though: my keyboard doesn't light up when I plug it in. On my main computer, it only lights up once it gets past POST. I've made sure the USB ports get power by plugging in an external hard drive. Could this be a potential indication of a CPU problem? The ASRock website says there is no beep code for a bad CPU, so I don't think there would be a way to tell without another motherboard. I've already re-seated it a couple times by now. Each time, checking for bent pins or any physical damage and didn't notice anything. 

Edited by anonion - 04 Jun 2018 at 10:18pm
anonion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:10am
For anyone who may be coming to this post from a search engine: I ended up returning the motherboard and buying a different brand. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic