ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS does not boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erasmus_Tycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 4:33pm
As this is your first PC, there are some things you need to do to ensure the safety of your hardware. 1 - You need to have your motherboard grounded properly. All the screw holes that connect to standoffs on your tower are there to both secure and ground your motherboard as well as keep the aluminum case from acting as a jumper from header to header on the board. 2 - It's common practice to unplug the cables from the PSU to the board and GPU before pulling them out to avoid any potential issues with voltage while the device is intended to be off. What Power supply do you have? How many watts? Also, you put your GPU in the second PCI-E slot, I'd recommend running the GPU in the top (closest to the CPU) PCI slot as generally this is the only slot that supports up to 16x (the one you had the card in is an 8x, so half the bandwidth). Do you have any speakers for the board? Something that goes right into the board to give you a beep at post when booting?ï»?/span>
ASRock x370 Taichi V4.4| Ryzen 1800x | 16GB x 2 DDR4 3200 (14cas) | GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N | WD NVMe Black 512GB | 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 960 | Corsair HX1000 | EK Custom Loop (360mm rad + 280mm rad)
matt49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:45am
You were right TooQik, the motherboard wasn't properly secured in. Now it is. If it comes to it, I'll try the cardboard test.

But I have an important update, which is that I just realized that although the video card lights up and the case fan spins, the cpu fan does not spin.

I am definitely afraid that I might have damaged the board in some way, but could this also be a power related issue? 
Erasmus_Tycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erasmus_Tycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:25am
Hey Matt, sorry I didn't respond immediately, had a water pump failure on my PC, so I had to replace before I could use my system again (which required a whole tear down of the machine to install).  

Has the CPU fan ever turned on?  

Please remove the GPU and all ram, make sure the 8 pin CPU power cable and 24 pin mobo cable is properly secured.  Ensure the CPU fan is plugged into the CPU header on the board.  

Let me know what happens.
ASRock x370 Taichi V4.4| Ryzen 1800x | 16GB x 2 DDR4 3200 (14cas) | GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N | WD NVMe Black 512GB | 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 960 | Corsair HX1000 | EK Custom Loop (360mm rad + 280mm rad)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic