ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

software setup guide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hmazuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: software setup guide
    Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:49pm
i do not understand the software setup guide:

" +1.8 voltage is used to select +1.8 voltage.  the default value is [auto] " - like 'duh'.  what is the numerical value of the default voltage ?

how and why are the 2.50v_prom, 1.05v_prom voltages tweakable ?

" amd ftpm switch used to enable or disable ftpm "  really ?  are you targeting this to your audience - gamers ?  like, i would have to be a real dum* a** to not know the bios options enable or disable a particular setting

what does amd ftpm do ?

" cpb mode enables or disables core performance boost "  really ?  why would i want to disable this setting ?

" c6 mode "  like, 'duh'.
you would think that if i can figure out how to put the motherboard together, that i would know that the c6 mode bios option would enable or disable this setting.  i don't have to read an owner's manual to figure this out

what does c6 mode do ?

" iommu " " use this to enable or disable iommu " are you guys smoking cr*ck ?  do you even realize how stupid this sounds ?

what is the purpose of the north bridge chip ?  tell me that.  congratulations.  finally one of the explanations is not disingenuous.  i do not have onboard video, so i can disable shared memory.  these are the things i need to know

" front panel " "enable/disable front panel audio" why would i want to disable this ?  if i enable front panel audio, can i still use the audio outs in the back ?  would i only disable this setting if the front panel audio is not connected ?  these are the things i need to know

" ps2 y-cable " have you seen the explanation for this option in your setup guide ?

what is the purpose of the " redirectforreturnsdis " option ?

what are the advantages / disadvantages of enabling / disabling " pfeh " ?

what are the advantages / disadvantages of enabling / disabling " ibs " ?

explain " global c-state control ".  what is it

" opcache control "
"enables or disables the opcache"  really ?  are your gamers smoking a lot of mariju*n* or are they just that st*pid ?  i mean, really, what is it ?  does the author of the software setup guide really believe that we are so st*pid that we need to be told the opcache control option enables or disables opcache ?

what is opcache, and why would i want to chose one option over the other ?

what is " sev-es asid space limit " and why would i select one setting over another ?  why is this even a bios option ?

what is the purpose behind all these bios options ?  if only certain operating systems and hardware are supported, why wouldn't asrock know the values of these options ?  why are these option user defined ?

what is the memory interleaving, i mean, based on the information presented in the setup guide, would i set it to none, channel, die, or socket ?  should i set the size to 256, 512, 1, or 2 ?

" memory clear " ?  let me guess ... - disable ?

on the specifications sheet on newegg and amazon it should say "this m.b. lets you select between 1t and 2t mode on addr/cmd"

why is " gear down mode " an option ?

how do i decide whether to configure cad bus mode to auto or manual ?  why is this a bios option ?

could the " security settings " explanations be any more abstruse ?

how do i interleave memory across the memory blocks ?

how should i configure " bankgroupswap " and " bankgroupswapalt " ?

there is no useful information on the following settings: address hash bank, hash cs, mbist, mbist subtype test, mbist aggressors, slave die reporting, nbio, iommu, determinism, ctdp, acs, ari, fch, sleep port, xhci, sd configuration, i2c, uart, espi, xgbe, emmc, ntb, memory mapping, or chipselect interleaving.

the chapter on f-stream could use a whole lot of help.  maybe you can upgrade the next edition of the setup guide by saying "figure it out for yourself"

it's more than likely that i'm going to get a whole lot of opposition from asrock stooges, so i'm saying this up front: if you're not going to clear up this state of confusion, then don't say anything.  this isn't a discussion.  it's a statement that for years the installation and bios guides have been esoteric, and this needs to stop today.  send johnathan "fatality" wendel a message for me - "stop living in the past" and stop selling yourself out for money.  i mean, why don't you look and see where your blurb is being posted.  if you want to do something significant, why don't you take personal responsibility and rewrite these manuals yourself
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 1:44am
Hear hear.
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 3:21am
hmm, if u are gamer, u should play on consoles :P no need for bios tweaks
bios is for advanced users and with your current knowledge is best to avoid entering bios ;)
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:07am
its not software ,its user adjustable firmware
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
JayB33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JayB33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:57am
Originally posted by hmazuji hmazuji wrote:

i mean, why don't you look and see where your blurb is being posted.  if you want to do something significant, why don't you take personal responsibility and rewrite these manuals yourself

You forgot the question mark at the end of your pedantic rant, as well as a large number of other punctuation and grammatical errors. You also lack common courtesy and have a particularly crass style of writing. I could continue to draft a veritable handbook of your other faults along with examples of them, but I feel I'd be wasting my time.

Edited by JayB33 - 16 Jun 2018 at 7:00am
underthedog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote underthedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

hmm, if u are gamer, u should play on consoles :P no need for bios tweaks
bios is for advanced users and with your current knowledge is best to avoid entering bios ;)

This is irrelevant, ignorant, short-sighted...I'll just stop.

Except to say that, by your logic, the people that purchased a Motherboard from ASRock to build a PC should not be buying Motherboards from ASRock, unless they know exactly which options are going to be available, customizable in UEFI software/menu and  the specific terminology that will be used therein to refer to parts that can be/are called differently--or at least abbreviated differently--elsewhere.

Sorry about the run-on sentence structure, btw Evil Smile

The laziness or ignorance with which these documents were written is beyond excuse.

Edited by underthedog - 16 Jun 2018 at 4:10pm
ASRock X399 Taichi AMD
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16G DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 C16 Quad Channel
RX-580 8GB GPU
EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 Plus Gold
WD Black 512GB NVMe m.2 PCIe Gen-3
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 1:03pm
it doesnt mather from which vendor youll buy it, u will end up with same results
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:52pm
i was just going to say

you think asus, msi ,gigabyte menus in bios or manuals are any better explained ? LOL
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
hmazuji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmazuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:14pm
i am trying to post an image per the forum walkthrough using imgur, but i can't get it to work

Edited by hmazuji - 16 Jun 2018 at 10:55pm
hmazuji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmazuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:19pm
you are spot on with your observations - blinding flashes of the obvious

however, being polite and using punctuation are not the point, and your reply does not address the content of my tirade, and you are off topic

Edited by hmazuji - 16 Jun 2018 at 9:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic