ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z97 Killer & TPM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drock88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z97 Killer & TPM
    Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 2:29am
I purchased and installed the "ASRock TPM2-S TPM Module Motherboard (V2.0)".  In the BIOS, I am able to enable the security device but the Operating System (Windows 10, x64, v1803) doesn't see the module.  I've seen a couple of other posts noting that I need to use a special BIOS update.  Anyone know where I can DL it?

MOBO: Fatal1ty Z97 Killer (Current BIOS: 2.60)

Thanks
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 4:41pm

Dear Drock88,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, we have released a special BIOS P2.60A to add TPM 2.0 support.

Please download the BIOS from below link.

https://mega.nz/#!x9hVTayB!pxKvJko70S_ygOExh8fFth0GFU74ah4h80Cm0AmpT-k

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

ITGuyCML View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITGuyCML Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 3:19am
Hi,

I found this post and I wanted to see if the special BIOS that adds TPM v2.0 support to this motherboard is still available?

Thanks,
josephj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:24am
My Z97 Extreme 6 has the same problem with a 17-1 pin TPM 2.0 module installed and the latest BIOS v2.80 from 2018 flashed. Would you please add the BIOS fixes to the Support pages for these boards?

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:12pm
Dear forum users,

Thanks for posting the query.

Z97 motherboard mainly supports the TPM1.2 modules. 2.0 is not supported.
To check if there are special BIOS made for your models,
kindly fill out the form and contact the technical support:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp?ln=en

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
abdulrehman690 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdulrehman690 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 4:29am
Originally posted by ITGuyCML ITGuyCML wrote:

Hi,

I found this post and I wanted to see if the special BIOS that adds TPM v2.0 support to this motherboard is still available?

Thanks,

Downloads link is expired . can u upload it again and send me new link please .

5b
Kirbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 5:54pm
Because of Windows 11, virtually every Fata1ty Z97 Killer board owner is going to want this link Please Help.
abdulrehman690 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdulrehman690 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 6:51pm
Kirbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 9:02am
"ASRock no longer have Beta BIOS for this models , and besides if you have plans to install windows 11 , the motherboard nor your cpu support the windows 11"

My CPU is a 4790k. The only way this bios gets released is if somebody who previously downloaded 2.60a exports their bios and leaks it. I'm giving up.
steridhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steridhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:10am

Howdy,

asking ASRock Support I've got the Bios Version 2.60a beta for Fatal1ty Z97 Killer.
That BIOS version should support TPM 2.0.
I didn't try it till yet, but hope that works.

This is what they wrote:

Hello,

We do not recommend to buy TPM 2.0 module for this mainboard.
If you have already the TPM 2.0 module, please try with attached beta BIOS 2.60a.

Also, we cannot guarantee it is working stable or with the operating system you plan to use.
Please keep in mind, if you plan to look for Windows 11, have to say sorry.
The CPU and chipset would not be supported by Microsoft Windows 11, cause the hardware requirements are higher that for Windows 10.

Please check our FAQ #500 regarding Windows 11 and TPM.
https://asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=500

Also we do not test this mainboard with Windows 11. Even the chip manufacture might not support it or offer special drivers for their older chipset.
Also on Microsoft list of supported CPU for WIN11, yours is not listed (yet):
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors

best regards

ASRock Support

ASRock Europe B.V

-----------------------

So, here is a new link to download 2.60a for ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer:

Download BIOS 2.60a for ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic