ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Computer turns on fans lights work but no display
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Computer turns on fans lights work but no display

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cazzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 3:09am
Just did an open bench run just the motherboard cpu ram and GPU and still nothing
Cazzark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cazzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 3:18am
The monitor is getting a signal but there?™s nothing on it. I haven?™t heard the 1 long 3 short beeps.since I put it outside of the case.
Cazzark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cazzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 3:36am
Ok I think it?™s the ram. I tired them each separately in the A2 slots one module gave me 3 beeps which translates to      Basic memory 64K address check error and the other gives me 1 long 3 short Conventional/Extended memory failure. So I think that it?™s the ram. I think it?™s because it could be designed for intel CPUs. On the side a sticker reads Intel XMP ready. I also checked gskill website and there indeed 2 lineups of this ram.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 6:37am
do you have a local pc shop ?

10 mins there can save lots of postage fees and time wasted
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Cazzark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cazzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 6:46am
Not really actually there?™s just smart phone and laptop. I am more hanncertain it?™s he ram. 1. The ram model I have is not listed in the page for compatibility of ram 2. Both beeps that I get from the mobo translate to ram errors 3. The mobo and cpu seem to work seeing as they can get the fans going. And I find it highly unlikely that the bios is the problem. They put the sticker on the box, it?™s also on Newegg, and the sticker on the motherboard was mostl likely removed by he factory after the update. I find it highly unlikely for them to do all of that and not actually update the bios.
Erasmus_Tycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erasmus_Tycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 7:22am
It's always recommended that you look at the compatible RAM list for the motherboard before you go buying any hardware that isn't on the list. 

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming%20K4/index.us.asp#MemoryRR

ASRock x370 Taichi V4.4| Ryzen 1800x | 16GB x 2 DDR4 3200 (14cas) | GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N | WD NVMe Black 512GB | 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 960 | Corsair HX1000 | EK Custom Loop (360mm rad + 280mm rad)
Cazzark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cazzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 7:58am
Yea and I thought that I had gotten the right ram, gskill makes that same ram but (for AMD) I thought that I was getting that, but I didn?™t bother to compare the model numbers to that list.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 12:13pm
If its a B-Die you could easily change the timings to other approved ram timings. Not being on the QVL list doesn't always mean it doesn't work. 

Cazzark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cazzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 7:17pm
Idk if I trust me to know how to do that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic