ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

no XMP in Asrock Z77 fatal1ty professional-m

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaDMAn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no XMP in Asrock Z77 fatal1ty professional-m
    Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 5:33pm
is there a way to activate the XMP profile in bios??
i have a Asrock Z77 fatal1ty professional-m mobo but there is no XMP profile to select in bios?
do you need to enable it or something to have it in bios??
i need it to OC my ram OCZ gold edition PC3 12800 8-8-8@1.65V 2GB (4x2GB)
OCZ3G1600LV4GK 

sorry for my bad english im from BE

Edited by MaDMAn - 02 Jul 2018 at 5:36pm
god made grass man made booze who do you trust
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 10:30pm
http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Fatal1ty%20Z77%20Professional-M.pdf

Page 59

OC Tweaker -> DRAM Timing Configuration

It should be there.
MaDMAn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaDMAn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Fatal1ty%20Z77%20Professional-M.pdf

Page 59

OC Tweaker -> DRAM Timing Configuration

It should be there.

well here is a picture i taken with my phone

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 5:40am
Yup, it seems to be missing.

Have you updated the BIOS or had any major windows updates recently? Has it ever been there at all?

You can try clearing CMOS using this method:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

I get the feeling it won't work but it's worth a try. If it doesn't give you the XMP option then:

Missing XMP and overclocking features on Z77 boards usually has something to do with corrupted firmware in the BIOS, either caused by a bad BIOS update or a windows update that messes with IME (Intel Management Engine). Unfortunately, updating the BIOS doesn't usually correct the issue. The effected firmware isn't updated with typical BIOS updates, usually only ones that update the BIOS microcode (add CPU support for example).

The few other users with issues like yours here on the forums either had to purchase a new BIOS ROM (chip) from ASRock (you need to contact Tech Support to organize this) or they used an external ROM programmer to completely blank and reflash the BIOS ROM. I have only ever seen this issue on Z77 boards.

I recommend the new BIOS chip option if you are not very experienced with PC tech, it doesn't cost very much and is the easiest solution. If you do choose the external ROM method of repair you will be able to use the programmer any time you encounter issues with your BIOS in the future and probably learn something interesting along the way. Either should solve the issue.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
MaDMAn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaDMAn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 2:55pm

Yup, it seems to be missing.

Have you updated the BIOS or had any major windows updates recently? Has it ever been there at all?

You can try clearing CMOS using this method:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

I get the feeling it won't work but it's worth a try. If it doesn't give you the XMP option then:

Missing XMP and overclocking features on Z77 boards usually has something to do with corrupted firmware in the BIOS, either caused by a bad BIOS update or a windows update that messes with IME (Intel Management Engine). Unfortunately, updating the BIOS doesn't usually correct the issue. The effected firmware isn't updated with typical BIOS updates, usually only ones that update the BIOS microcode (add CPU support for example).

The few other users with issues like yours here on the forums either had to purchase a new BIOS ROM (chip) from ASRock (you need to contact Tech Support to organize this) or they used an external ROM programmer to completely blank and reflash the BIOS ROM. I have only ever seen this issue on Z77 boards.

I recommend the new BIOS chip option if you are not very experienced with PC tech, it doesn't cost very much and is the easiest solution. If you do choose the external ROM method of repair you will be able to use the programmer any time you encounter issues with your BIOS in the future and probably learn something interesting along the way. Either should solve the issue.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

i bought the board like this, with bios 2.0 should be the latests, im running W7 ultimate on it and i only update the neccesary drivers for windows to work properly.
i never saw the xmp profile in the bios.
i would like to do whatever it takes to get that xmp so changing the bios chip is ok for me, any link on how to fix that??
thanks already for the help

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 5:27pm
Sure thing, happy to help Wink

https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA
MaDMAn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaDMAn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 7:12pm
well i did what you mentioned above but that did not worked so i think i go with swapping the chips.

would it be of any use to update my bios to the BETA version 2.10?? before changing the chips?
i also checked the compatibillity list and my ram is not in it so perhaps there is the problem.
i stated my problem also on overclocker forum and 1 guy said this

Quote From the CPU-Z screenshot the memory is not XMP certified
I was not looking at the table, the SPD.Ext is missing in CPU-Z. It is not XMP certified is why it does not show up in BIOS.

perhaps this is the reason its not showing up

here is the pic op CPU-Z

Edited by MaDMAn - 03 Jul 2018 at 7:25pm
MaDMAn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaDMAn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by MaDMAn MaDMAn wrote:

well i did what you mentioned above but that did not worked so i think i go with swapping the chips.

would it be of any use to update my bios to the BETA version 2.10?? before changing the chips?
i also checked the compatibillity list and my ram is not in it so perhaps there is the problem.
i stated my problem also on overclocker forum and 1 guy said this

[quote]From the CPU-Z screenshot the memory is not XMP certified
I was not looking at the table, the SPD.Ext is missing in CPU-Z. It is not XMP certified is why it does not show up in BIOS.

perhaps this is the reason its not showing up

here is the pic op CPU-Z

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:36pm
That could well be it. I have never actually seen that before.....
MaDMAn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaDMAn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:58am

That could well be it. I have never actually seen that before.....

they are already up for sale haha np
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic