ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z97 Extreme6 and TPM2-S module

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pollanonim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 and TPM2-S module
    Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:37am
Hi!

I apologize for "my" English but I do not speak English and I use Google Translator.

I have Asrock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard and I want to use the TPM function because I need encryption.
I bought the appropriate Asrock TPM2-S module (TPM V2.0). Unfortunately, it does not work. In UEFI, "SUPPORT TURNED OFF" is displayed on the "Advanced \ Trusted Computing" page. Both options are included.

I do not know what to do.

I have not heard anywhere that my motherboard does not work with TPM2-S.
I also do not want to change my motherboard to another one.

I would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks
pollanonim
gcole81079 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcole81079 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 12:02am
I have same problem with ASRock Extreme6 MB (running 2.80 BIOS) and TPM2-S module. After installation, Win 10 (64 bit) says "Compatible TPM cannot be found on this computer. Verify that this computer has a 1.2 TPM or later and it is turned on in the BIOS."   I have reinstalled the TPM several times and no iteration of BIOS setting in the Advanced\Trusting Computing screen seems to work. I have removed the TPM and set the Auto Detect Security Device to "Disabled", rebooted, then shutdown the PC. I then installed the TPM, rebooted, and the Advanced\Trusting Computing screen now shows the Auto Detect Security Device has been "Enabled" but the message below Current Status Information says "SUPPORT TURNED OFF". And Win 10 still says TPM not found. No matter what BIOS sequence I use to boot up, I cannot get the system to recognize the TPM. The 2.80 BIOS is the latest version offered by ASRock and does not fix the problem.    

I have emailed ASRock Technical Support on 3 separate occasions regarding the issue and still do not have a reply...frustrating.

I have seen similar TPM issues with other ASRock MB's where ASRock support sent them a BIOS fix. I would like to know if I have the wrong type of TPM or if I need a BIOS fix.

Thanks
gcole
paolo.crippa.87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paolo.crippa.87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:07pm
Dear pollanonim and gcole,

I had the exact same problem with TPM 2.0 and bios 2.80 with my Z97 extreme6 (the module was physically installed on the mobo, but the bios stated "SUPPORT TURNED OFF").

Fortunately, I emailed ASRock Technical Support and I was just sent a beta bios to try out (2.80A). For me, it completely solved the problem (i.e. Windows 10/11 fully recognizes the TPM 2.0 support).

Please find it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17LkyYA2Ofoca3o6Z4KRe5xUKpziji5qJ/

Let me know if it solves your problem as well.

Have a nice day.
Paolo
mdel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 2:14am
This seems to have worked for me too. Thanks for sharing! I was stuck on a particular old Win11 Insider build because their policy changed and none of the cumulative updates would install properly any more without finding a TPM.

Installing a TPM2-S, using this BIOS, and then doing an in-place Win11 install of a newer build got me working and back on the update flow again. Yay! I'd tried doing an in-place install before but it wouldn't work without finding a TPM.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic