ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A320Mpro4 reboot not working after upgrading CPU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320Mpro4 reboot not working after upgrading CPU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A320Mpro4 reboot not working after upgrading CPU
    Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 5:19am
I upgraded from ryzen 1500x to 2700 everything was working fine expect reboot, when I reboot the computer from windows or bios it does not completely shut down, I need to manually turn off the computer and wait for few seconds before restarting.

I had once a similar problem (looked identical) after updating bios but it was quickly solved by turning off PSU and holding star button for at least 10 seconds.

Now that doesn't work I tried many other things including cleaning CMOS.

I suspect it must be something with bios because reboot also doesn't work from bios unless I am in for a very short time.
darkgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 8:47pm
Today when I did fresh start I manage to a restart computer from windows but at second try reboot again stopped working,

I am now suspecting that PC must be thinking that temperature are too high and then it doesn't initiate the reboot.

But the temp are fine unless it wants  CPU to be around 40 C, normally is with the light work 45c and 42c at idle, those temps should be fine?

Is perhaps bios fault? My motherboard still has only first bios for ryzen 2xxx available, I know there is beta but unless I knew it would fix this problem I wouldn`t take a risk with a beta.
tch23987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tch23987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:20pm
Did you update Bios? You will need BIOS ver 4.70 to use ryzen 2700

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M%20Pro4/index.asp#CPU
darkgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:33pm
I did, first bios for 2xxx (not APU) is 4.7 and I already said that is working fine expect reboot from booth windows and bios, 

Also now I am in contact with ASRock tech support, who also give me few things to check, 

Now I have to reinstall all AMD chipset although I don't have much hope for this because issue also happens when I am exiting a bios, I will try in an hour or two.

Edited by darkgo - 19 Jul 2018 at 7:34pm
tch23987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tch23987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 12:09pm
Sorry I did not read detail, I just try to reboot my PC and have same issue as yours with Bios 4.70.
I'm now trying to investigate this issue.

About Bios, we may need to wait for 4.9 release. I see other Asrock main boards has had Bios 4.9 recently.
Ex: AB350 pro4
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

darkgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 5:56pm
That is weird, tech support said to me they tried to recreate the problem, and they didn't get that problem.

Another weird thing happened today, when I startup computer one of the windows boot maneger disappeared, lucky I had two on that drive so it was a quick fix, but still, it worriesme.

Also, did you send the report about the issue to tech support? 
If I understood them right they didn`t hear of that problem before.

darkgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:42pm
Today I was forced to instal the previous CPU, 
I don`t know what happen but yesterday computer was freezing very often and sometimes even
crashing and in the morning was not better, so I replaced CPU and for now ( 1 hour) is okay.

If in the whole day I don't get any problem I will return CPU and if the store said that CPU was okay 
I will probably try to use the warranty for the motherboard to replace with a better motherboard, 
if not possible I will replace CPU with 2600x and take a different motherboard.

Also, I don't have any issue with rebooting now

Edited by darkgo - 22 Jul 2018 at 9:44pm
darkgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:49pm
I changed my plan and will keep CPU, I plan to wait for one week to see if future bios will fix the issue, 
if not I will by the new motherboard or perhaps even take even whole pc to service and try to use the warranty for the motherboard (although very unlikely).

Edited by darkgo - 24 Jul 2018 at 10:49pm
tch23987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tch23987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:07pm
Actually I used motherboard AB350M Pro4, not A320M, but I got similar issue.

I see that Bios 4.9 for AB350M Pro4 was released yesterday.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M%20Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

I will try updating the Bios, hope it can fix this issue.
darkgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:35pm
I want to ask if you tried soliton I written in my first post, that solution worked for me when I had this issue last year,.

Is just to check if is not something simple, am also curious which CPU you have, 
although I a guessing 2xxx series since you have that issue, but since you didn't say I can't be sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic