ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluetooth adapter problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cloudsc888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluetooth adapter problem
    Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 4:37am
Hi all,
I built a computer last week and up to this morning, everything was working flawlessly. Now my bluetooth adapter (on my MOBO) is acting up - it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting like a usb device (every few seconds). When I go into device manager the device list refreshes every second as if I am plugging something in and out. When I can get a "property" menu pull on the adapter, it says the device is working properly in the status.
I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling. Tried looking for a power management section, but did not find it. Don't know where to go from here. This bluetooth adapter is an Intel one that is on my motherboard.
Mobo- Asrock x470 taichi
Thanks for your help guys!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 5:41am
on my taichi x370

i found the best solution was to use the drivers for bluetooth and wifi direct from intel
using thier driver updating utility

it seems other x370 users have benifitted as well so maybe worth a try with x470 (its probably same module)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
vproman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vproman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 4:55am
Posting this here because this post is a top search result for asrock bluetooth issues.

If trying different drivers does not fix it, try shutting down and completely unplugging the PC for several minutes.

I have an ASRock Master SLI and this exact problem keeps occurring for me. I?™ve installed the intel drivers but that hasn?™t fixed it. What does fix it for me is completely unplugging the machine.

I notice that when I completely unplug the machine, some BIOS settings revert to default. For example, if I enable CPU virtualization, then after unplugging the machine the CPU virtualization goes back to being disabled.

I don?™t entirely know why this solution works. I suspect that the issue appears sometime after I enable CPU virtualization, as that?™s the only thing I usually change in the BIOS (I need to do this in order to run virtual machines in VirtualBox). I did try simply disabling CPU virtualization instead of completely unplugging the machine, but that alone did not fix the issue.

I suspect there?™s some latent state in one of the PC components that enters into a buggy situation, possibly as a result of CPU virtualization being enabled, and then stays in that buggy state as long as the PC is plugged in. Once the PC is unplugged, the state is flushed and the issue goes away.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic