ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 990FX Fatal1ty/killer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 990FX Fatal1ty/killer
    Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 3:37am
As a gamer on the PC since UN99 too now with graphic intense games, a great board and cpu is a must.
I started by looking at pricing at that time,and was not happy with intel pricing.AMD here I came,never left.

I now have the Fatal1ty/killer vr.1.Why did I choose this board over all others?
Because I was unsatisfied with the options of the other brands at the same price line and higher.
This board has every option a gamer could need or want.Great O/C options across the board,from volts,to ram timings in bios,or for the novice the Auto O/C.
Bios layout is ground breaking,who would have thought of being able to use the ease of a mouse in the bios.The DVD that comes with the board has great possibilities for all.From  F stream tuning in windows,too Xsplit a gamers streaming must[3 month premi code] TY.

From the layout of this board,with 3 way crossfire and quad sli support,5 sata3 6.0,7.1HD purity sound.
And how about that Killer network program,thats something nice.Ever want to control all your internet activity,with a click of a mouse,got lag? not no more,balance out programs and games that hog up bandwidth.Or fine tune that mouse even more with Fatal1ty mouse port.

I love my board,and have built a few rigs for new gamers with this board,paired with PhenomII x4s too the FX series..
My rig is paired up with  a AMDFX 6100x6 @4.3 on the O/C.
The 990FX FATAL1TY/KILLER
8 gigs Gskill Also on the O/C
A XFX 7950  3 gig on the O/C on a 24 and 32"
2 Crucial M4s in Raid0[windows,games]12 second boot times
160 storage
Raidmax 730ss power supply
Diablotex case
Steelseries Merc Keyboard
Mx 518 mouse[9 years old]
Plantronics headset.
Microsoft HD3000 cam.

Were I am right now!!!!And down there What I do.

Edited by Rabiddog - 10 Oct 2015 at 11:27am
bigdogmean1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigdogmean1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:39am
nice rig dude. will it support the latest 8 core cpu ? I am also a gamer and have had problems with intel stuff myself. I do run with amd now and am very happy with there products, let me know what you think...
Mr "T"
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 11:23am
Originally posted by bigdogmean1 bigdogmean1 wrote:

nice rig dude. will it support the latest 8 core cpu ? I am also a gamer and have had problems with intel stuff myself. I do run with amd now and am very happy with there products, let me know what you think...
TY
The newest no.The newest CPUs, FX 8core are 220watts.
But,,it does support the 8370 and 8350 which are 8core,they are 125 watts,and will run any game just fine,paired up with the right gear and run @ 4.0ghz,with I bet plenty of head room for a O/C.
Start with this board here, in my mind, a perfect start to a great rig.
Ceerius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ceerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 12:11am
Hey very nice rig man, diggin the set up. I have to ask how the auto O/C works on this board? Does it have an easy interface to help you choose options or is it an easy one button push O/C feature? Thanks in advance.
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 5:20am
Originally posted by Ceerius Ceerius wrote:

Hey very nice rig man, diggin the set up. I have to ask how the auto O/C works on this board? Does it have an easy interface to help you choose options or is it an easy one button push O/C feature? Thanks in advance.
Well the Auto O/C is in the bios,and yes,its very easy.It gives you 6 options to choose from for a Overclock,from 5% too 30%.Mine is set at 30% O/C,and is stable as can be.
And on the Driver disk,there is a program called F-stream.F-stream can O/C threw windows,and has sliders to adjust CPU frequency,PCIe,CPU multiplier,and all the volt sliders needed.You can also control fan speeds threw this program.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Rabiddog Rabiddog wrote:

Well the Auto O/C is in the bios,and yes,its very easy.It gives you 6 options to choose from for a Overclock,from 5% too 30%.Mine is set at 30% O/C,and is stable as can be.
And on the Driver disk,there is a program called F-stream.F-stream can O/C threw windows,and has sliders to adjust CPU frequency,PCIe,CPU multiplier,and all the volt sliders needed.You can also control fan speeds threw this program.

Rabiddog, nice system!

ASRock is having a contest now for ASRock AMD mother board systems, in the Event News forum:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=914&title=win-big-prizes-from-amd-asrock

If you'd like, I can move your thread to the contest thread (or at least I hope I can do that, technically speaking that is), with your permission of course.

You would need to edit your first post, or do it over again, to meet the requirements of the contest rules, which are explained in the contest thread above.

Please let us know in this thread if you would like to do that. Thanks!

Edited by parsec - 10 Oct 2015 at 8:32am
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Rabiddog Rabiddog wrote:

Rabiddog, nice system!

ASRock is having a contest now for ASRock AMD mother board systems, in the Event News forum:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=914&title=win-big-prizes-from-amd-asrock

If you'd like, I can move your thread to the contest thread (or at least I hope I can do that, technically speaking that is), with your permission of course.

You would need to edit your first post, or do it over again, to meet the requirements of the contest rules, which are explained in the contest thread above.

Please let us know in this thread if you would like to do that. Thanks!
Confused?this is were the contest says to post,and I meet the req,as far as I can tell.can you be more specific..
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 1:57am
Also did a review of the FIRST board i bought a year ago.
Its my first,but hey I tried.

Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 10:09pm
Some of my game chars.

bigdogmean1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdogmean1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 10:30am

Edited by bigdogmean1 - 02 Nov 2015 at 10:31am
Mr "T"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic