ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 Master SLI/ac BIOS problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maplicito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 Master SLI/ac BIOS problem
    Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 3:20am
I just got an X470 Master SLI/ac with a 2400G, and it has a BIOS issue.  I can enter the BIOS, I can also boot into Windows - however, I can not navigate the BIOS, nor can I see any information regarding it or update it in ASRock tools in Windows.  When I'm in the BIOS, neither the mouse or the keyboard can do anything.  As I mentioned, in ASRock tools, I can't see any information or update the BIOS - it just indicates there are no updates, and gives me nothing.  ASRock tools shows nothing in the software tab too - I was able to update ASRock tools, but that was it.  Any ideas?  Does the motherboard support forced BIOS update via USB?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 5:23am
do not try to update bios in windows its a recipe for disaster

you have options though
try using 'either' a single mouse OR a single keyboard
or try a different type e.g. ps2 mouse or keyboard

or other options should be with the new x470 i think your find it has standalone usb bios flashback

eg no cpu or ram required insert usb  stick and hold a button down to flash bios
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Maplicito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maplicito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 5:36am
I have tried looking for a standalone BIOS update option, but I haven't found it in the manual.
Maplicito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maplicito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:19pm
Well, this has gotten interesting, but hopefully it is resolved.  I looked on the load screen several times for a quick flash option - and it was NOT there.  Finally, out of desperation, I pulled the CMOS batter - and suddenly, I can navigate the BIOS - AND, the missing quick flash (F6) is there!

I'm going to leave the computer for awhile, and see if any of its other problems have settled down now - if not, at least I can now update the BIOS.

On another note, ASRock Apps still shows absolutely nothing - no software, no BIOS info, nothing.  No, I'm not going to try flashing the BIOS in Windows, but it's not even an option - I don't know if that's BIOS related, or just a problem with ASRock Apps itself.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:53am
ah looking on the asrock page it seems only the taichi has the flashback bios button
sorry i thought they added it to all the x470's now
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
dr.doom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr.doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 3:39pm
Hi @maplicito I just join the forum to find solution for the exact same issue with the motherboard. You said you fix the problem with just removing the battery from the board if am not wrong ?!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic