ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B450m Pro4 CPU fan control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thulk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B450m Pro4 CPU fan control
    Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:45am
I'm using the 2700X boxed cooler on the ASRock B450m Pro4, plugged into the CPU fan controller #1. When selecting the fan curves in the BIOS, there is an option to modulate the fan speed with CPU, MB, or Tint (?). The MB and Tint settings work, but when set to CPU the fan only runs at the lowest setting and doesn't go up with the CPU temperature as expected. Any one else experience this? Not using any fan control software in Windows and I'm monitoring with HWMonitor.

Some time in the future I'll test CPU fan header #2 and maybe a different fan, but I suspect the issue is in the BIOS. In the meantime the MB temperature setting is working fine.

-Tom

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 4:25am
try changing the temp sesor to tctrl in bios where the settings are for fan it then should ramp up and down with temps ,its been a common bug

to be fair ive recently changed mine it has been on cpu default (tdie i think) since april 2017 without any issues but i do have a aftermarket noctua cooler though (not a lot could go wrong with all my case fans as well)

LOL

i probably wouldnt overheat the cpu even with no cpu fan on day-to-day pc loads with the case fans and the amount of heatsink
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Thulk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thulk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 6:22am
Hey,

Thanks, adjusting Tctrl worked. I needed about a 20C degree offset to stay in the temperature range I was targeting. I found a similar post at the link below.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6061&title=x370-taichi-fan-pwm-problem

Tom

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic