ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 Beeps on Startup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frequency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 Beeps on Startup
    Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:45am
Hello guys, I have an issue here with my motherboard or at least I think I can do. I have an Asrock A320M-ITX motherboard with a ryzen 5 2600x installed. Along with a low profile Noctua CPU cooler. For memory I installed the Team Force Vulcan 16GB(2x8GB) TLGD416G3000HC16CDC01. All this is powered a Flex  ATV power supply. I plan on building a mini server for my living room, hence the small form factor here. After turning on my pc I heard 4 beeps, so immediately I researched and read that it must be a memory issue. so I went out and bought a different brand. I bought the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(2x8GB) CMK16GX4M2A2400C16. I then turned my pc again, but again I heard the same 4 beeps. At this point I am out of ideas and patience. I have no idea what could be wrong. Any ideas guys would be greatly appreciated.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:22am
4 beep codes are generated when some of the Architectural Protocols are not available.

which means you bios doesnt supports your cpu, u will need to flash it
frequency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frequency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:35am
How do I do that? Do I need to buy a last generation AM4 CPU( ryzen 5 1600). Plop it in the socket so I can turn on my motherboard and then be able to update the BIOS? Or just buy a different board. What do you recommend?
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:42am
or u can go to some pc store where thay could flash it
or get compatible cpu (borrow/steal/buy)
frequency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frequency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:03am
thank you very much sir. You have no idea how crazy I was going over here. I was literally going to ship everything back to newegg lol. That's how bad it was. I went to amd's website but the page that lets you request the amd boot kit is down for the time being. I just went to amazon and ordered an Athlon X4 950 for $60.00. After this I might just return it as I would have no use for it anymore. Thank you again for you help.....much appreciated.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 9:09pm

if you still have the team group ram try to keep hold of it until you get the system booted

you may well find it behaves better than the corsair, you may find the corsair is better

the point is delay the retrns if you can until you test which ram kit plays nicer although 3000mhz should be a decent move up in performance from 2400
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
frequency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frequency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 2:24am
yeah good idea. the cpu that I ordered wont come in until Monday so I will have it done by late Monday. from there I will know which ram kit works better with my ryzen cpu. thanx for the info, it is greatly appreciated :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic