ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 - Fan Control doesn't work
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 - Fan Control doesn't work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miepel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:24am
ASRock does not seem to work on a solution. The problem about the fan control is reported in the Internet since 2015.
I can't believe that ASRock Boards have so many bells and whistles for the money, but fail in such substantial things.
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 5:34pm
really? this problem is 3 years old already?

why no reviews mention this? IMHO fan controller is one of the more important features. but i guess LEDs are better selling.
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 5:36pm
yesterday i try to set my case fans to motherboard temp. its also not working correctly. so tcl is the only value that works for the fan controll. can confirm
Miepel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miepel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 2:49am
I must correct myself. ASRock fan control issues are reported since 2015, but this special failure is reported since 2017.
Miepel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miepel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:47am
Finally, I found out a solution for me.
At first I have tried Speenfan (freeware), but this tool didn't read out the sensors correctly. The latest version of Speedfan was released in 2016.
Then I have Tried Argus Monitor - a very nice tool. You can adjust fan curves, hysteresis (in Celsius) an a mean value for the sensor readout (e.g. 10 seconds). That was exactly what I was looking for.
You can test the software 30 days. After that, you can buy a license for one or three years (not very expensive).
This is not an advertising, but I want do replay my solution.
URL: https://www.argotronic.com/en/index.php
I am so happy in the end.
Kind regards and best wishes from Germany!
Miepel
xavierif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavierif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 8:12pm
Having a x470 fatal1ty gaming k4 mobo for 3 days, first the leds problem and then the fan problem. Have to say that with bios 1.0 fan problem was not there. All these problems have "easy" solution, I mean all this is about drivers and controllers, but sh*t... they do not seem to work on a solution.
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:06am
thanks miepel, will have to try it too.

@xavierif good to know it was working on 1.0. i also think this things would be quick and easy to fix.. and asrock is not doing anything about it
Henn91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henn91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 5:13pm
Okki i have same board, i opened aida64 to see if temperature is ok, VRM was allmost 100C, i freaked out and did try to put more fan-s but it wont drop, i touched all heatsinks, they normal. In games or when i put gpu under load, VRM tems starts to drop to about 70C.

So i ask is VRM temp not right in aida64?
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:16pm
hi henn91! i would try Hwinfo64 for ryzen temperatures. its often recomendet for ryzen systems and gets updated all the time.
or the official ryzen master OC tool, but i think ryzen master only gives you cpu temp.

i did some more resarch on wich cpu temp sensor is best for fan control. i now think tctl is the way to go because it speeds fans up faster than a sensor in the socket would.
only problem is the temp spikes every ryzen seems to have, because the fan spikes to for a second.. other users think hysteresis setting would be the solution.
Miepel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miepel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 12:30am
Just installed Bios 2.00. Fan control did not change.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic