ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

G10 rebooting itself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skeptex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G10 rebooting itself
    Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:37am
dear support,

I ordered the G10 router (without dongle) and Im very satisfied with range/speed and Im overall impressed with the good performance! thumbs up!

but for some reason the router sometimes triggers to reboot itself when certain actions are being made in the network - wireless connection suddenly drops completely and router reboots, then everything goes back to normal until connection drops out again!

I found out, when I use apple airplay in the network (streaming wireless to airport express or apple tv) everything seems fine for a while, but after some short time the connection drops for all devices and router reboots for some reason! Im not sure what triggers it, but when I select next music track / next video via apple airplay for example (working fine in the beginning), this problem appears most of time and is mostly reproduceadble! like there is a some kind of short disconnect/reconnect when skipping to the next track while streaming, which router somehow doesnt like and reboots.. then you have to wait for router to finish rebooting until it works again..

other than that - absolutely no issues and constant connection for all device types, until airplay or similar streaming service is being used - there is some kind of issue what causes the connection to drop and force the router to a reboot !

- latest firmware has been installed day one
- IPv6, gaming boost, self healing - all disabled
- I set manual IP reservation via MAC adress for about 15 devices, no issues
- I moved all devices from 2,4 to 5,0 band and vice versa, same issue nothing changed
- is there some kind of log or diagnostics in the G10 router? what couldbe the issue?

can someone from the support team please chime in, I would appreciate some help regarding this case, I have also seen there are some similar reports/reviews/threads about the G10 rebooting itself for some reason, but I wasnt able to find some helpful information!

I hope its possible to sort this described issue out - can you please let me know if you have some further information, if this is a known problem or if there is something what I can do?

perfect router for my needs and I really would like to keep using the G10 !

thanks in advance for your support!

best regards,
skeptex
canapi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 2:45am
Same issue for me, after 3 weeks of perfect work it started to reboot every 10 minutes or so...
Lorenzo Canapicchi
Konstantin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konstantin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 6:09pm
I have the same issue with my new G10. It runs the latest firmware.
Is there any solution for this?
dabujo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabujo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 9:20pm
I have encountered the same problem.
I run the G10 firmware version 2.18 as access point.

It was connected via LAN to a FritzBox router.

My last FritzBox (Fritz OS 6) died and I have switched to a FritzBox 7560 (Fritz OS 7).
Now, whenever I use youtube on my AndroidTV, after a short while I get this log msg on the FritzBox:
IGMPv2 multicast router 0.0.0.0 ignored [4 Messages since <redacted>]

When that message shows up, the G10 router has crashed and does a reboot.
This kicks everyone out of the G10 WiFi.

PLEASE FIX!!!! This is a massive problem with compatibility to modern networks!
dabujo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabujo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 9:50pm
Downgrading the FritzBox 7560 to Fritz OS 6 does not fix the problem.
The routers seem to be incompatible.
FritzBox: Gateway, DHCP Server
ASRock G10: WiFi Access Point
CLargo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLargo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 3:16am
Got a G10 this week and looks like I have the same problem.
I have it working as AP, setup as per Asrock FAQ, latest firmware 2.18.
Seams to work just fine, except when there is a higher wifi traffic demand. Then the rooter disconnects and reboots.

Anyone knows a solution for this?

CLargo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLargo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 7:18pm
Defentively, this doesn´t work as an AP.
dabujo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabujo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:22am
I still can't get it to work anymore with my Youtube app on AndroidTV.
It is mind boggling how a router can be crashed like that.
BenjaminValles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenjaminValles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 12:54am
I think your router is incompatible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic