ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please fix x470 Taichi CPU voltage offset problem.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please fix x470 Taichi CPU voltage offset problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akirabbq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please fix x470 Taichi CPU voltage offset problem.
    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 5:20pm
Voltage is always stuck at -0.1V when XFR2/PBO is on. I've tried to contact the support early last month but got no answer so far. Already tried BIOS 1.50/1.52. Please fix it, this really renders the board useless for xfr/pbo functions.
virpz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 8:43pm
You will have better luck switching to ASUS. 
AsRock support is know to be really bad.

1- their bios support sucks.
2- tech support more than often doesn't replies.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by virpz virpz wrote:

You will have better luck switching to ASUS.

As did I. Perfectly happy with the new board.

I'm just paying this forum a visit, in order to see how much further ASRock have sunk.
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:26am
i wish i got a asus in the first place, my build would be too expensive this way. too late to take it backt to the store.. guess i live with my x470 fatality...

i also only see boosts to 4240mhz all core, never a single core boost beyond the 4240mhz. (2600x)

Edited by fnordie - 17 Oct 2018 at 12:27am
fracta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fracta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:44am
What cooling do you guys use, stock?
Are you sure it's not thermal throttling?

About voltage setting stuck, that's as it should be is it not?
As far as I understood you cannot manually clock your CPU if you gonna use the boost, as it's then your CPU that will do all the clocking.

Or can you set limits for what ranges it can clock and volt by itself under boost mode?

And over voltage protection could possibly power throttle even at safe values.
Buildzoid said that could happen about the x370 tacichi board, could be same for x470.
Maybe try to shut them off as long as you know you are on safe values?

Edited by fracta1 - 17 Oct 2018 at 1:02am
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 2:24am
@fracta1 its a bug if you enabled pbo it will set yout cpu to offset -0.1v

not that it affects me if you really need to OC just do it manually the cpu is unlocked anyway 
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 3:45am
Reading here and there, it looks like PBO/XFR2 have a long way to go before prime time, so it won't surprise me if some implementations are not as it should, let alone one from ASRock. Big smile

I'm personally waiting for the prices for 2xxx-series Ryzens to drop before I get one. Some rumors even say 2800X is on the way to once again rip a hole in intel's 9-series.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic