ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Realtek audio driver sound issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanrocks1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Realtek audio driver sound issues
    Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 6:24pm
This is my first time so please forgive me If I miss something, I have an ASrock Z370 Taichi mobo and I have downloaded the newest audio drivers and I am getting crackling and popping when I use my headphones (audio technical ath50x) on my motherboards front audio output not the rear. It only does it at certain volumes (its fine below like 10 in windows 10) anything above it crackles and pops like crazy. The newest driver is the ?śRealtek High Definition Audio Driver ver:8496_UAD_WHQL??and the one that I was using previously and am using at the moment since it worked just fine is the is the ?śver:8210?? I have read online that there are people who are having issues with the Z370 asrock motherboards audio and this one is no exception. There nothing wrong with the rear audio as I have said so I am thinking that it is just a driver issue since the previous one that I am using right now didn?™t have any problems. I think it could also be the isolation on the Cooler Master Maker 5 case, however before I have used an Asus Crosshair 6 hero and an Aorus x470 gaming 7 motherboards (I am done with amd ryzen that chipset is very unstable for me and that asus motherboard is one of worst motherboards I have used in my life, not the point of this post) and the front audio worked absolutely fine on it so I don?™t think it is the main issue. I have changed the bit rates and nothing has changed. I do NOT want to move my motherboard out of my case to see if it is the case. I have thought about getting a sound card as that would solve the sound issue but it isn?™t something that I really want to do at the moment. Any help is appreciated!

Here is a full list of my specs
Intel i7 8700k No OC
ASrock Z370 Taichi
Asus strix GTX 1080 advanced edition
Fractal design Celsius S24 aio cooler
Corsair vengeance led red 32gb 2x16 3000 mhz
Samsung 960 evo ssd pcie nvme 250gb
Wd blue 1tb
Seagate barracuda 3tb
Seasonic prime titanium 850w (I know overkill)
Cooler master maker 5 case
Be nice to others and they will be nice to you!
Artimid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artimid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:12am
This issue is basically being ignored. It's happening on all of the boards using the same driver set. No word from ASRock at all on this that I have been able to find.
Globespy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Globespy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:52am
I have found a good solution that will allow both your front panel headphones and your rear (motherboard IO connections) desktop speakers to work.
Still we have no options to switch between the two - no separate headphone/speaker options like most Realtek implementations.
But sound is good and it works without any issues.

Until AsRock/Realtek bother to fix this it's the best we got!

I searched to find what Z370 boards supported the same audio features as the AsRock z370 extreme 4:

https://us.hardware.info/reviews/7605/11/intel-z370-motherboards-round-up-17-times-coffee-lake-connectivitynaudio-and-video

As you can see it is only the Taichi and the Asus z370-a Pro that do.

The latest Asus driver doesn't work just like our latest driver, so I went with an older one and it works just fine. 
NOTE: after the install it's only on Realtek Audio (not HD), so all you need to do is go to:

Device manager
Sound video and game controllers
Realtek Audio

Then right click and press update driver and choose the option "browse my computer" then "let me pick from a list of available drivers".

You will see the Realtek HD audio driver, which is from the installation (you can see in device manager after updating that it corresponds to the version from the installation).
Choose that and it will update. Restart your PC and you are good to go!
Hope this helps, here's the link:

PS - AsRock, if you actually care you should be embarrassed that your customers have to find workarounds to your absolute uncaring incompetency. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Edited by Globespy - 05 Oct 2018 at 5:49am
gopalkrishna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gopalkrishna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 5:36pm
Globespy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Globespy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by gopalkrishna gopalkrishna wrote:

app valley download

appvalley apk

app valley

https://appvalley.co.in

Why are you posting this trash on here?
You guys never change, if it's not crappy apps then it's saying you are calling from "Canadian Pharmacy" selling "dick-up" pills as once chap most hilariously mentioned.

Go away with your spam.
darthduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:18am
I sometimes have problems with my PC case's front audio ports not sounding as good as the back ones that are actually part of my card. My solution has been to get an audio extension cord. Computer stores and most department stores that sell stereos, computers, TVs etc. sell them as well. They have a male end to plug into the card on one end and a female port on the other end to plug my speakers or headphones into. I then string this extension cord from the back around to where I sit. I then can switch from speakers to headphones by plugging into the extension cord rather than using the case's front jack. Not only do I get better sound, but it makes the audio cord an extra three feet longer in my case. I mostly use my headphones though so I can have the sound up loud and use surround sound settings in compatible games without bothering anyone. :) With the headphones on and plugged into this extension cord, I can even get up from my chair and get stuff that's close to my computer desk without taking the phones off. Works very well.

It's possible that the problem you are having with your front audio port could be a wiring issue with your computer case. As much as I like my case (a good ole Antec Nine Hundred), I'm afraid its front panel isn't as good as it once was anymore.
Globespy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Globespy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 5:51am
Thanks for the reply.
Nope, nothing wrong with the front panel - but Asrock know this.
I've been having no issues of late due to an exhaustive search that involved finding much older Realtek HD audio drivers and a few Windows tweaks.

I use the main motherboard panel at the rear for my desktop speakers and the front panel for headphones. No popping or clicking sounds>

This entire issue is software related. I am 200% sure of it as I can easily recreate the issues by changing drivers.
darthduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:51am
No problem. Nice to meet you. I'm glad that you figured the problem out. I should have joined this forum a long time ago as I've been using ASRock motherboards for many years. I came to the forum looking for advice about my motherboard that I didn't see answers for in the support section. Looking forward to chatting with fellow ASRock users and maybe answering some questions.
DrR0Ck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrR0Ck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:49am
Hi folks,

I found this post a few days ago and was relieved becuase this has been driving me crazy. I am not certain it's a hardware problem; seems like a driver issue. The Asus driver posted above cleared up the crackling and poor audio from the front panel as well. It looks like driver versions as recent as 8338 work fine, but drivers from 8366 and later have the issue. No idea why, but I have spent a lot of time installing and uninstalling drivers trying to find the latest ones that work. Settled on 8338.

I also tried playing around with the Realtek modded drivers on the Techspot site. The front panel input seemed to work on these but removing the headphones from the front jack would lock up my PC.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'd blame Asrock; it's the drivers that cause the problem. I prefer to have up to date drivers and will live in fear of Windows update replacing the drivers, but at least things are working properly now. So many thanks to Globespy for pointing to working drivers!

Globespy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Globespy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 4:24pm
The driver I eventually settled on was 8210 (Realtek_Audio v8210_FF00)
It's been perfect for quite some time.

Also disable Fastboot for Windows and set your powerplan to high performance.
These things seem to have helped.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic