ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I troubleshoot a new z790 Taichi Lite£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I troubleshoot a new z790 Taichi Lite£
    Posted: 08 Jan 2024 at 5:35am

It's been so long since I built a computer I might as well be a newb. Where do I begin?

All new, just unboxed:
z790 Taichi Lite
i7-14700k
Trident z5 ddr5-7200 16x2 (sockets A2 and B2)
SSD (from previous i7-9700-based build with my Win 11 installation)
Seasonic Prime TX-1000 and
XFX 7800 XT

Main mobo power, aux mobo cable (2) connected, video card cables (2) connected. Basic fans, including CPU cooler, are connected

I power on the PSU and the mobo colorred LEDs under one of the SSD covers come on. The mobo power and reset buttons light. I press the power on button on the mobo and the PSU fan spins for 2 seconds. I see no other lights than the colored LEDs under one of the SSD covers. No fan other than the PSU spin. I have already unplugged the PSU and pressed the CMOS clear button.

What is step 1 in troubleshooting? Remove the video card and check if it posts?

Thanks,
Jeff
"I like the future; I'm in it." F. Theater
pepar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2024 at 7:56am
Edit: I removed the video card and connected my display to the mobo HDMI. Same results.
pepar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2024 at 1:09am
I have an update. Things point to the original 1.06 BIOS not supporting Raptor Lake Refresh. Now I find there is no FLASHBACK feature.

This post hasn't gotten an love .. perhaps now? I have also reached out to Tech support. Would love to get my $2k worth of computer parts working ...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic