ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help ! "CMOS Date/Time Not Set "

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TF2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help ! "CMOS Date/Time Not Set "
    Posted: 3 hours 4 minutes ago at 11:19pm
Hello, I'm new to the forum and need help regarding a message when the computer is powered on. I'm coming from a Mac to a PC , so I'm not sure how to handle this.

I've been getting a message when the computer powers on, its shows "CMOS Date/Time Not Set " when I select F2 and change the date and time , then save the settings, it does not stay. I get the same message when I power on again.

It's a custom built recording computer,loaded with software, so I don't want to do anything to mess the computer up or lose anything.

Does this mean that the battery needs to be changed? If so, can I just replace the battery or do I need to do anything else when replacing it?

I know on the MAC , I would just have to change the battery without doing anything else. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Computer info:
ASRock Z370/OEM UEFI L0.01
Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 GHZ
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 13 minutes ago at 12:10am
You are correct, all you need to do is change the battery on the motherboard. It's
quick and painless to do and won't effect your software at all. It's just your typical
CR2032 3v lithium button cell, you should be able to pick them up almost
anywhere. I tend to spend on the best brand I can find so I don't have to change
them again in a hurry but even cheap ones last for years.

Edited by Xaltar - 2 hours 13 minutes ago at 12:10am
TF2024 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TF2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 2 minutes ago at 12:21am
Thanks so much for the reply!

I had read that, changing the Battery would effect the BIOS settings. So this is something, I don't have to worry about Correct?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 39 minutes ago at 12:44am
If the battery is dead then the BIOS is resetting every time the system is disconnected
from power anyway. It will just load defaults (which it has done every time you
see that message anyway). Nothing to worry about.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic