ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

G10 cannot obtain IP from modem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G10 cannot obtain IP from modem
    Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 12:44am
Hey there, 

I have a G10, just bought it a few months ago and it worked marvelous until 2 days ago. 
The router out of the blue at around 6pm turned solid yellow and wouldn't connect to internet. 
Checking with both my IPS, rebooting the router, factory resetting it and even requesting my ISP to change the public IP address  I have assigned to the router to see if it was a problem with the IP wouldn't make it work.

Whenever you log into the router's admin console (192.168.1.1) it will request you to configure it. I go through DHCP (automatic config) but the error it throws is: Unable to obtain IP address from Modem. 
Anyone know what this issue might be about? 
Can't find anything anywhere about it. 
joop1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joop1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 6:06am
What is the version number of your firmware?
Should be 2.18
If you press the Advanced button, in Router Status screen does
Internet Port -> Connection Type show Dynamic or Static?
Do you save your changes and reboot?
rakan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rakan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 3:52pm
hi guys

i dont if find answer here but look the seem probleme

My router and modem were fine two days ago but I have now been told by Netgear that my modem is not recognizing my router's IP address. The only way I have internet is to have my computer connected directly to modem with ethernet cable. I cannot get internet through the router, so can't go to the website to check router. Any suggestions?

thankss
DONNNN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic