ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x470 taichi Polychrome is weirdly not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x470 taichi Polychrome is weirdly not working
    Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:46am
So initially my boards RGB software control on polychrome was fine for a bit when I used it after a few days then problems came up. The RGB color were stuck and unchangeable despite them being addressable. I currently have a tforce delta rgb SSD 5v hooked up to it. I then tried to fix it by turning all the RGB off and it did. But the problem was turning it on. Everytime I try to turn it off or do anything at all, all my motherboard rgb flickers with a white color on and off rapidly and no change happens. This happened throughout trying to do anything at all related to trying to get my rgb to work using the polychrome software. 

Now weird parts im not familiar with. These following errors popped up when trying to change any colors in the rgb software:

* list index out of bounds (238) 
* exception access violation at address 005b58d3
* exiting the program would give me : abnormal termination detected

I then proceeded to look for solutions online. Here's what I've done

* CMOS reset - does nothing
* Unistall and reinstall polychrome software - does nothing
* Flahed the RGb software using the wlCPFLashADSB bit 1.10 and 2.06 ver

I then proceeded to do another solution by flashing the rgb software and at first, it didn't work at all! Nothing happened then tried again and this came up:

wICPFLASH v1.0.20 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = X470 taichi
BIOS Version = 1.50
Reading file: nu51_1.10...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000DA, Device ID: 0x00210050
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
CMD_RPD_HIGH_LOW data not match
"**FAIL**"

So that didn't work and then I tried the other flash in the bin

wICPFLASH v1.0.20 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = X470 taichi
BIOS Version = 1.50
Reading file: nu51_2.06...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000DA, Device ID: 0x00210050
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

and it worked! Lights turned on but there's a problem. They were addressable but they were out of order

* Changing IO cover rgb section = it would change the audio rgb section instead
* Changing PCH heatsink rgb section = it would change the IO cover section 
* Changing audio rgb section = it would change the half side of the addressable rgb on the delta SSD 
* Changing addressable rgb on the delta SSD rgb section = it would change the other HALF of the SSDs addressable rgb
* The PCH heatsink RGB = unaddressable at all. No parts of it can be modified.

Also noting when trying to flash the nu51_1.10 file, it has no affectation as if it was useless even when run again it doesn't say fail anymore. 

Help please? :(

TL;DR - RGB software worked properly abit then didn't. Transitioned to possibly hardware problem. Flashed rgb software and worked again but addressing each RGB part addressed a different part in the mobo instead.
Tasuja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasuja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 11:29pm
Hi

I had some very similar problems, including the ones you listed having now after attempting to fix.
What worked for me was flashing 2.06 with wICPFLASHADSB. Importantly wICPFLASH did not work for me.
I never saw the message "CMD_RPD_HIGH_LOW data not match" however, so our cases might not be exactly the same.
It is quite peculiar that we had the same problem at the same time, I hope you manage to fix it too.

Edited by Tasuja - 10 Nov 2018 at 11:30pm
MadeAsMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadeAsMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 2:37am
I am having the same problem. Lights worked perfectly for a bit then the Polychrome software started getting buggy and now none of my lights will turn on in when I try the bios or software. Could you explain the process of flashing the software that worked for you both?
Tasuja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasuja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
I believe I used the method from this thread
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9663&title=x470-taichi-polychrome-stopped

There might be several files like nu51_x.xx which you can try to flash with either wICPFLASH or wICPFLASHADSB

Good luck
Lalanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lalanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
Hello!

There's a new beta '1.0.85'. Did anyone try this, yet? Does it finally fix the problem? I built a system with this board for someone else, and he is very disappointed, since RGBA has been dead on the board since months now.. Shame on you, Asrock!

So I wonder if there's a reason for hope, and if I should call him, and install the new version.. or if it's just useless cosmetics..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic