ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beebox N3150 - Windows 10 Video Streaming issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox N3150 - Windows 10 Video Streaming issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDaniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beebox N3150 - Windows 10 Video Streaming issues
    Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 1:27am
I have a Asrock Beebox, it used a N3150 CPU.

With the Browser IE 11 or Edge the video freezes for 5-10 seconds while the audio continues to play normally, then the video resumes playing in fast forward until it's caught up. This repeats every few minutes.I tried Netflix and Amazon Instant Video both hanging, but Teleboy.ch working?

The Windows APP from Netflix doing the same.

Chrome and Firefox seems to work, but the CPU Usage is much higher and the Qualtiy seems to be worse then in Edge.

My CPU is a Quad Core, if I deactivate two Cores in Windows setting, then Edge and the Netflix App worked.

Have anyone else this problem? Microsoft said this is a problem with the graphics driver.

I hope everyone understand me, my English is not the best ^^ I'm from german
Jolltax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolltax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 3:31pm
I had the same issues with video playback generally, I went to the device manager and right clicked on the graphics component and requested Windows 10 update the driver, it found and installed a more recent one and things seem to have improved a bit for me.

Still having serious problems with bluetooth and wireless range with my unit though.  I'm going to crack it open again and see if there is an antenna connected to the mini-pci card.

J
Grexicania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grexicania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:33am
I had issues with high cpu usage while video streaming and changed a couple of settings...
1.  Under the Control Panel, go to Power Options and change the setting to High Performance.
2.  Under the Bios or the downloaded app, change to SPORT mode for faster performance.
3.  I downloaded Intel's graphics driver.  In the settings, I put it in Performance mode.  

These three things helped in Windows 10.  And to my surprise, Edge performs best when Live streaming and On Demand video from AMC, HGTV, HBO Go, etc.  Uses less system resources than Chrome, Opera, and Firefox.  I use Chrome for general web browsing though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic