ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB Utility issues and workaround

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0PE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 4:19pm
Aaaand I just receive synapse 3 update and argb crashing on startup of the pc. This is a joke really. Restart, and have to click uninstall argb faster than it loads in in order not to freeze my pc right now. Just great experience starting with asrock motherboard after like 20 years :(
H0PE
H0PE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0PE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 3:59am
Seems like every time a new synapse update occurs, my polychrome rgb just sh*t itself, pardon my French:
-It freezes again. Had to turn off to autostart or my windows just completely freezes.
-It loosing control to my RGB 1 lost, and unable to control it (Lian Li case, with RGB stripe on the front, was working fine prior today's synapse update)
-And more importantly it freezes I assume, because it tries to fight for RGB control for my Corsair RGB ram, and it looses. ICUE sais error when I try to check the RGB and all statistical settings for the RGB ram, that usually controls just fine.

And since last two comments I made, none of the admins or asrock technicians did care to comment, even though this is kind of a breaking deal that my windows constantly freezes and after a while I will have to reinstall the damaged windows install for sure.
H0PE
H0PE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0PE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 4:58am
To quote myself from another topic:

Hi guys, UPDATE:

I've contacted support and they gave me a much newer version and this one includes the ICUE SDK, so you can actually let ICUE control strictly the Corsair RGB for devices, rather than Polychrome RGB trying (and failing) to control the RAM RGB.

This link provided by ASRock support to me via email:

https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Desktop/Eddie/AsrPolychromeRGBSetup(v2.0.164).exe
H0PE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic