ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming K4 P-States Overclocking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Gaming K4 P-States Overclocking
    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 12:52pm
I have an AMD 1700 CPU on an ASRock X370 Gaming K4 motherboard. I can overclock that CPU to 3.80 GHz at 1.325 volts, and it'll run that way forever. However, the frequency and voltage never drop down at idle - they stay at 3.80 and 1.325 all the time.

When set to stock, the frequency jumps from 1.55 GHz at idle to 3.20 GHz under load, and the voltage varies, too.

Is there a way to get this board to run at 1.55 GHz at idle, and 3.80 under load? I understand that this may require P-States overclocking, but if so, what settings are required?
Goildzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goildzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 4:02pm
What should work for most boards is.

At cbs > zen common opts > pstate

You basicly only need to change your first statd which is p0. What most people use is a vcore offset and than change the FID to the capable overclock, as whrm they mess with the voltage it will lock the voltage or oc. My board has some bug b450m pro4 where when i change my voltage VID but not my frequency FID i have a stable downclock on idle + voltages lowering to 0.8. The second i touch my frequency it will lock my voltage. I think your board should br more capable.

What you can try is to aim at an offset that will grant you a 1.35 volt and than change the FID to a 3,8ghz ish frequency and just run cpuz and see if you have succes and work from there with offset and FID balance. I know there are many guides even on asrock forums if you look around you can get lots of information. Im familiar with hex numbers and i dony know if your board allows + - adding or have to apply hexing numbers yourself, for this theres many help even on asrock forums to find your desires and i will obv help too when i have the time.

Goodluck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic