ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X-ITX+ Booting issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDMcFear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88X-ITX+ Booting issue
    Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 9:42am
Hi i have been running a new build based on FM2A88X-ITX+ with Win 7 Ultimate 64. eveything has been running like a champ for weeks. Then tonight I reboot my PC and it just idles on the Bios screen with the ASRock xboost logo and what keys to push  for whatever option you want. and the CPU fan seems to be spinning at a rather higher than normal speed. I have shutdown and restarted a few times and it just idles at the bios screen. pressing keys does not do anything

I tried reseting the CMOS but that has not helped just the nice Bios screen. Any ideas???

Win 7 Ultimate 64
AMD A10-7850 APU
GSKILL sniper series 2133 DDR3 SDRAM
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
Corsair RM750 Power supply
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by LDMcFear LDMcFear wrote:

Hi i have been running a new build based on FM2A88X-ITX+ with Win 7 Ultimate 64. eveything has been running like a champ for weeks. Then tonight I reboot my PC and it just idles on the Bios screen with the ASRock xboost logo and what keys to push  for whatever option you want. and the CPU fan seems to be spinning at a rather higher than normal speed. I have shutdown and restarted a few times and it just idles at the bios screen. pressing keys does not do anything

I tried reseting the CMOS but that has not helped just the nice Bios screen. Any ideas???

Win 7 Ultimate 64
AMD A10-7850 APU
GSKILL sniper series 2133 DDR3 SDRAM
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
Corsair RM750 Power supply

Your description of what you are seeing on you monitor is confusing to me. You said it idles on the BIOS screen, but is sounds like you are not actually in the BIOS interface. It sounds like you are stuck on what ASRock calls the "Boot Logo" screen.

That screen offers the XBoost option, and the keys for other features. That is not one of or the Main BIOS/UEFI display screen.

Have you tried starting the BIOS/UEFI interface, by pressing the Del or F2 keys when the PC starts? Its seems that is impossible, since I suspect the board is not passing the POST process.

Do you have a POST beep speaker connected to the board? I suspect that you don't, since I think you might have heard some POST beep codes.

It sounds like some part of the PC may have failed, which causes POST to fail. The higher speed of the CPU cooler's fan indicates that the board's fan speed control has not started.

What keyboard are you using? Do you have another keyboard you can try?

If you really are in one of the BIOS screens automatically, that normally happens when either a BIOS setting or settings are "wrong", such as CPU OC settings, and it wants you to fix the setting(s).

But I would like to know what you are really seeing on your monitor.
LDMcFear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDMcFear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 1:00am
I apologize for not being more specific. You are correct when you say the "Boot Logo" screen. It was literally locked on this screen. I changed the keyboard and reset. nothing seemed to work. However I finally figured it out after about an hour. My wife who is in the ARMY left her CAC card in the CAC card reader when I reset the PC and it was this card in the reader that prevented the PC from booting past the "Boot Logo" screen. Once I removed it the PC booted almost normal for some reason it would not read the boot drive only the data drive. the Boos drive is the Samsung SSD. I had to flip the positions of the SATA cables on the MOBO for the BIOS to recognize the SSD as the boot drive. I am confused by this because since day one it read the drive normally I don't know why it would confuse them. Before I switched the position of the SATA cables I had to hit F11 and boot to the Primary that way. Again weird for it to do this.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic