ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350m Pro4 couse graphics card issue?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 5:14pm
It may be possible that when the old GPU kicked the bucket it caused some damage to the board. Given your exhaustive troubleshooting I think you are on the right track with replacing the board. While there appears to be a lot of hate for the poor AB350 Pro 4, most of that was RAM compatibility related. I know many people that are quite happy with theirs, now 2 years on. I would recommend a 4xx series board as a replacement, newer and likely better compatibility with current and up coming CPUs. It's easy to get disillusioned with a brand after a bad experience but the simple fact is, bad components happen regardless of brand. Only if said bad components occur with unacceptable frequency do I usually write a brand off. The last time that happened for me was with Gigabyte in the early 2000's when they were hit hard by several bad batches of capacitors. Eventually they resolved the issue but not before it cost me a fortune in both replacement parts and lost clients.

Good luck and please let us know if the new board sorts you out, regardless of the brand you choose
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 5:16pm
It may also be worth your while contacting Tech Support:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They may be able to help you, possibly an RMA if you are still within warranty.
Niccador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:45am
Thanks for the response.
Contacted official Support, so we'll see what they have to say.

Like I said, not wanting to talk trash about ASRock, but this board, man...it's got me pulling out what little hair I have left.

I'm certainly willing to give an RMA a try, assuming it doesn't end up costing me what I'd end up spending on a new board anyway. :-/ I admit, though, I'm very wary now. I *want* to trust ASRock and chalk all this up to an isolated incident. Some of those B450 and X470 boards look nice, after all.

I guess I'll just use the X58 until I can get all this sorted.

(Oh, and my graphics cards didn't die....that'd be the OP. Best guess for me right now is that there's something on the board that's randomly losing it's mind and causing a power fluctuation, just enough to fubar everything. But I don't have the gear to properly test for that, and the nature of the crashes thus far has prevented me from getting any kind of a reading that might point to that with more certainty.)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Niccador Niccador wrote:

(Oh, and my graphics cards didn't die....that'd be the OP. Best guess for me right now is that there's something on the board that's randomly losing it's mind and causing a power fluctuation, just enough to fubar everything. But I don't have the gear to properly test for that, and the nature of the crashes thus far has prevented me from getting any kind of a reading that might point to that with more certainty.)

Sorry about that, it's so easy to miss who posted what when a thread has more than one person having similar issues.

As for talking trash, by all means, hate on your board I don't know anyone who has been building systems for a while that hasn't had a dud board give them hell. I am not here to defend anything, I am here because ASRock has done right by me for years now and I have not had any (unresolved) issues with the boards I have used from them. What I respect about ASRock is that in the time I have been on the forums here I have seen them take user feedback and use it to improve their products. Many of the features requested and issues brought up on the forums were resolved in future updates or products. Very few manufacturers listen to their users as much in my experience.
mati998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:48pm
Hi
So far, I did not have any more crashes, but still sometimes the computer does not turn off properly. Now I stop looking for causes until there are not crashes.
mati998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:23am
I have problems again. Probably I will buy a new motherboard and send this warranty, because I can not work on unstable computer...
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:11am
Originally posted by mati998 mati998 wrote:

I have problems again. Probably I will buy a new motherboard and send this warranty, because I can not work on unstable computer...

My bet is on a dead mobo too.

Please let us know how it went, so we can learn the whole story.
mati998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:39am
I changed the motherboard to MSI B450 GAMING PLUS and everything works very well. Thank you all for your suggestions and discussion.
Niccador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 6:26am
Glad to hear everything worked out for you, eventually.
I ended up replacing my board as well...coincidentally also with an MSI B350 Bazooka. Looks good, runs good, and gambling on a cheap refurb made it...uhm...cheap. :)
mati998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 6:43am
I bought motherboard after service repair, it was also cheap :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic