ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini 110 Blue light of death?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini 110 Blue light of death?
    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 7:55pm
Hi, i have 30'ish deskminis under my wing, and one of them just flat out stopped working.
Symptoms:
* Blue power indicator LED gets powered immediately after plugging power in and doesn't go out.
* Power button does nothing
* Fan doesn't spin
* No video or audio output
* Eth port doesn't detect any presence
* Blue power indicator LED does not go out when shorting clrcmos pads

Troubleshooting steps taken (cleared cmos before every step):
Disconnected SATA cable from motherboard
Removed/reseated RAM
Removed/reseated CPU
Tried different PSU
Disconnected bios battery

Behavior of the motherboard did not change with any of the steps taken. Blue power indicator LED always on with no reaction to anything.

Anyone had this happen? Is there something I'm missing?

I suspect the power rail went to hell and didn't come back.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 12:13am
Have you tried disconnecting the front panel header and just shorting the power pins to turn it on? It may just be a damaged power switch.
Wilsas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 1:52am
I have tried shorting power pins - still no reaction whatsoever. Also checked the front panel on another known good deskmini 110 and it worked without problems.
Will probe about the board with a multi-meter at work. Any test points worth checking out?

Would it be correct to assume deskmini 110 doesn't have POST beep codes or any diagnostic feedback? (I found none so far, I could just be blind though)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 2:04am
I'm afraid that's all I had based on your description of the issue. I have never worked on a Deskmini so I wouldn't know what to look for. This is a community forum where users help each other out with issues but if no one has an answer then Tech Support is your best avenue. Have you tried opening a support ticket with ASRock?
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They should be able to put you on the right track. ASRock Tech Support does post here on occasion but you will have better luck with a ticket. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Farr36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farr36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:15pm
Disconnecting the front panel header and shorting power pins should help..Bcoz problem persists in damages switch itself
Bill10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 5:19pm
Well it is an damaged power switch....Try correcting that,it should solve your problem
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic