ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

SB Connect B450 gaming itx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveD47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SB Connect B450 gaming itx
    Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 5:43am
I have a B450 gaming itx with ryzen 2600, love everything but can't get my SB Connect cinema 5 to play surround sound. Anybody have any ideas? I did all the basic stuff and reloaded drivers etc... Stereo only...Help please.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 12:17pm
Dear SteveD47,

Thanks for posting your query to ASRock forum.

Referring to your question about surround sound, please make sure that speakers are plugged to the 3.5mm jacks on rear panel.

If system has four speakers, please open the Cinema 5 then follow the steps below:
1. Go to "Settings" then press "Reset"
2. Click the "Speaker" on the left column then in the "Select Speakers" section please set 4.0.
(If system has less/more number of speakers please select correspond number of speakers in the "Select Speaker" section)
3. If it still will not work, kindly check if speakers are working properly.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
SteveD47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveD47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 12:09pm
I am using the Toslink output. The Sound blaster connect app locks up immediately. The app worked for about 10 minutes and wouldn't go surround sound. I have a 5.1 system. Sound blaster cinema 5 has never loaded from disc or from your website. I'm thinking the audio part of the board is not right. I have re-installed the OS and drivers several times. If you have any other suggestions....fire away. Thanks
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 9:14pm
Dear SteveD47,

Thanks for your confirmation.

Sound blaster connect can be supported with 3.5mm jacks.
We recommend you to connect audio device to 3.5mm jacks that supports Sound blaster connect.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 03 Apr 2019 at 9:15pm
SteveD47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveD47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 12:12pm
Sounds like a defect in the board? According to the manual you can use either toslink or 3.5 plug. Not down grading my sound to get connect to work. This is a HTPC, 5.1 system with dual subs, not some computer speakers system. Guess I need to send the board back.
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:07pm
Audio over HDMI is the way to go or you wont get high definition sound as toslink doesnt have the band width to support it. Your home cinema amp should be decoding the raw signal over hdmi and applying any effects to the output. Make sure you use passthrough on audio settings if using Kodi or home cinema media player etc.
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 7:01pm
Dear SteveD47,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you provide the manual page that says it supports sound blaster connect with Toslink?

Thank you in advance.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 09 Apr 2019 at 7:01pm
SteveD47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveD47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:45am
I agree with audio over HDMI, but not in this case. I use audio over HDMI in my stereo, it will support 5 channel Flac, 7.1 Dolby Atmos/DTS X and most any other HD sound. For my SACD/DVDA/Bluray audio I use a seperate HDMI for audio and video. With the commputer, I'll use Toslink......This motherboard audio is only stereo and nowhere close to being able to run 5 channel Flac. To run HDMI on a computer you would have to run it through a video card, who wants to run audio through a board with 2 fan motors on it? I haven't found a video card a with Sabre ESS on it. I tried running audio through the mobo HDMI....Nothing couldn't find anything in device manager for sending the signal through the HDMI port. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears! Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic