ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD + AS Rock Media PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeh4384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMD + AS Rock Media PC
    Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 8:30am
Good evening, I built my roommate an 7850k HTPC rig using an AS Rock FM2AAM HD+ mATX board. I chose the APU for its nice balance of power and graphics for a rig without a card. I chose the AS-Rock board because it was cheaper then the Asus and Gigabyte boards at my Microcenter but it did run the A88X chipset. The Kaveri rig provides plenty of juice for his needs and has been a rock solid performer with 100% up time. I think APUs have a great future with the possibility of AMD's new Zen architecture combined with a beefy iGPU with on board HBM memory. Such a configuration could easily make all but the most extreme GPUs unnecessary. I have used AS-Rock in the past with a couple of beefier gaming rigs and I liked what they did with the z97 Extreme 4 and Z87-E ITX boards.

\-
ASRock Expert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 12:58pm
Netflix and Chill Media Center.
990FX Extreme 9 MOD P1.70
AMD FX 8120 4GHz 1.25V
Thermalright HR-02
Patriot Viper 2x4GB 2133MHz
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
MSI R7970 TFIII 3GB
CORSAIR VX550W
LanCool K62 Dragonlord
ASUS Xonar D2X
tag75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tag75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 4:55pm
nice build mate , what are amd apu,s like
treat people the way you want to be treated
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic