ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock H110 install monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starman07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock H110 install monitor
    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 2:36pm
Hi gang
I really need some help. I have just put together a 4 GPU mining rig and I cannot get the monitor to work so that I can install Windows. I have tried DVi+1 to HDMI and DVi+1 to VGA and neither works. I have tried a different monitor not work either. I want to change the bios to boot from USB buit no monitor. Help me please. I have connected both cables (separately) the DVi +1 to the motherboard.

I did read that someone said connect to a GPU closest to the CPU but none of the GPU's are working. No drivers my guess.

I am a 70 yo trying to do the impossible. Cheers
brkkab123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkkab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 6:37pm
Try this it should work.
1. Unplug all monitors. except for one monitor.
2. Install and update your operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux) and restart your pc.
3. Recheck for updates until none are found.
4. Now install your drivers for your pc's hardware and restart your pc after each driver installation.
5. Now plug your othher monitors in and see if they work now.
They should be working now, if not either the monitors, your cables or your video card/s are bad.
Starman07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starman07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 1:46pm
Thank you. Got it working. I have my monitor plugged into a GPU but the fans on the GPU have stopped working but I still have my monitor working. Any ideas why the GPU fans have stopped?
brkkab123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkkab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 3:20pm
Not sure on the fans.
Is it one of the newer video cards ?
If so, the fans on the newer video cards spin all the way down and only work when needed.
I'm not sure exactly when NVIDIA & AMD both started doing that with their video cards.
If it's not that then either your video card is beginning to go bad or your pc's power supply is going bad or doesn't have enough power for all your pc's components and the monitors.
That covers everything I can think of.Try playing a game, running a benchmark/stress test, or a heavily loaded graphics program and see if the mvideo card's fan's spin.
If they do, there's nothing to worry about.
If they don't, it's new video card or power supply shopping time.
sambrooks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:39am
You can check if your PC power supply has enough power for all components and monitors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic