ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A75M-HD+ 6 beeps error code

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa_ez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:11am
I get 3 short beeps a pause and then 3 more beeps.

It was working fine for two years now.  This just happened all of a sudden.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by papa_ez papa_ez wrote:

I get 3 short beeps a pause and then 3 more beeps.

It was working fine for two years now.  This just happened all of a sudden.

Three beeps like that is a memory problem.

Electronic component failures always happen suddenly. They don't give warnings, make noise, or create smoke (hopefully) when they fail. A PC is filled with millions and millions of tiny transistors and in the case of memory, capacitors, millions of very small ones. If one or more fail, the memory won't pass its testing when the PC starts.

Try clearing the CMOS/BIOS. Remove and reseat your memory. If the memory slots are dirty or dusty, that could be the cause.

One or more of your memory DIMMs may have failed. If you have two, remove one and try to start the PC. If three beeps again, put the removed one back, and take out the other. If you have more DIMMs, you have more testing to do.

papa_ez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa_ez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 10:47am
cleared the cmos and tried new DIMMS.  Looks like it may be a motherboard issue and not the RAM itself.  Only 1 dimm slot is working.  the 2nd dimm slot does not recognize any dimm I use.  If I just put one dimm in that 2nd slot alone and boot I get three long beeps.  

Anything else I can try?
daltonbcoates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daltonbcoates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 8:01am
Is there any new information on this?  I have the same issue.  Three short beeps, a SHORT pause, then three short beeps again.  I don't believe it is a memory issue.  When you remove the memory completely, the motherboard gives you three LONG beeps.  I had this issue when I first built this computer.  I had to take it into a PC shop, where I was told the board was DOA.  Once ASRock replaced the board, I had no problems.  I am concerned that this board has failed as well. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by daltonbcoates daltonbcoates wrote:

Is there any new information on this?  I have the same issue.  Three short beeps, a SHORT pause, then three short beeps again.  I don't believe it is a memory issue.  When you remove the memory completely, the motherboard gives you three LONG beeps.  I had this issue when I first built this computer.  I had to take it into a PC shop, where I was told the board was DOA.  Once ASRock replaced the board, I had no problems.  I am concerned that this board has failed as well. 

Running an AMI BIOS, three beeps, Short or Long, are memory related.

Please list your current BIOS revision, and computer components out with part numbers preferably, including the age of the PSU.
ChrisLT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 12:17am
Talked with ASRock, the three beep pause three beep code indicates a memory problem. They suggest reseat one by one and if that doesn't work then replace
guslaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guslaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 1:28pm
i'm having the same issue now. 3 short, a short pause, then 3 short again. tried reseat both modul any combination without success. anyone update?
guslaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guslaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 11:46pm
found it myself anyway.

i reflash the bios with the latest. i have to use some cheap eeprom programmer because the system cant even POST.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic