ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 performance Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spedz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 performance Help
    Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:55pm
Hello All.

So with the release of Fallout 4 I was in need of updating my ram as im only using a 1 stick of 4 gig anyway I bought a 8GB stick of RAM but I kept getting a code error 52 on my motherboard. Thinking it was the RAM I used my brothers 2 sticks of 8 GB RAM and kept getting the same problem. I dunno if its the motherboard being faulty or the wrong RAM. If anyone can help me out on this situation it would be helpful.

Kind Regards

Spedz
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 1:33pm
Code 52 is a problem related to memory. Usually memory problems are caused by incompatibility of the memory and the memory controller, which is part of the CPU. Other causes are mixing different models of memory, or mixing memory with different specifications.

You just can't buy a random stick of DDR3 memory and use it with another.

Whenever you change or add memory to a board, you must clear the CMOS/BIOS before starting the PC again. I can't guarantee that will fix your problem, but must be done regardless.

You've given us no information about the 4GB stick you had, and the new 8GB stick you bought. Such as full make and model numbers.

Which memory slots are you using?
Spedz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spedz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 7:13pm
so the 4 gig ram i have been using is GIEL gvp34gb and the 2x8GB Sticks are Hyperx Beast khx24c11t3k2 ram. when im inserting the double ram i am using both red ones. i have cleard the CMOS by using the button at the back and im still getting the issue
Spedz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spedz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 7:23pm
Im also using a intel i core 5 if that helps

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Spedz Spedz wrote:

so the 4 gig ram i have been using is GIEL gvp34gb and the 2x8GB Sticks are Hyperx Beast khx24c11t3k2 ram. when im inserting the double ram i am using both red ones. i have cleard the CMOS by using the button at the back and im still getting the issue

First, you should be using the two black slots when using two sticks. That is an Intel  spec, not an ASRock requirement.

The HyperX Beast memory will need at least 1.6V to operate. You need to check the DRAM voltage in the BIOS and set it to 1.6V if necessary. The specs show up to 1.65V may be needed.

The Geil memory is not sold in the USA so I can't find much information about it. But I know that mixing different memory models usually does not work. The memory chips will be different and the memory controller cannot work with different chips at the same time.

The red slots should be used only if you use four sticks of the same model of memory.

Try using the black slots and check the DRAM voltage.
Spedz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spedz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 8:44am

Ok first of let me say thank you for all the help you been giving me. So I tried what you said and used black slots only and cleared the CMOS but still getting code 52 and its not even loading to the BMOS

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic