ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASrock z87 no signal on monitors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vadko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASrock z87 no signal on monitors
    Posted: 10 May 2015 at 8:07am
First off my build bellow:

ASrock z87, GTX 780, I5-4670, PSU 750 Corsair, Win7

I've had my computer since December and its my first build, everything was working fine until yesterday when I tried to turn it on a red light next to the bios battery lit up which I have never seen on before (its labeled Bios A Led) and everything turned on inside the pc but there was no signal on my screens, I turned the pc off and the red led remained on, had to reboot twice until I got signal on my screens and the red led was not on anymore.

Today the same thing happened, had to reboot a couple times before I was able to get signal on my screens and now I'm scare that if I turn it off the same thing will happen again. I tried Removing the GPU to see if its a issue with the GPU but the red light was still lid.

I hope you guys can help me get this fixed, any additional information you may need feel free to ask.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Vadko Vadko wrote:

First off my build bellow:

ASrock z87, GTX 780, I5-4670, PSU 750 Corsair, Win7

I've had my computer since December and its my first build, everything was working fine until yesterday when I tried to turn it on a red light next to the bios battery lit up which I have never seen on before (its labeled Bios A Led) and everything turned on inside the pc but there was no signal on my screens, I turned the pc off and the red led remained on, had to reboot twice until I got signal on my screens and the red led was not on anymore.

Today the same thing happened, had to reboot a couple times before I was able to get signal on my screens and now I'm scare that if I turn it off the same thing will happen again. I tried Removing the GPU to see if its a issue with the GPU but the red light was still lid.

I hope you guys can help me get this fixed, any additional information you may need feel free to ask.

ASRock currently has 17 Z87 boards listed on their Motherboard Series page. Of those, seven have dual CMOS/BIOS chips, and BIOS LEDs. So we don't know exactly which Z87 board you have.

ASRock dual BIOS boards have BIOS LEDs, labeled A and B as you have seen. They are used to identify which of the two BIOS chips (standard and backup) are in use/selected. The LEDs normally come on when the PC starts and the POST process is running, or when using the BIOS interface. These LEDs will normally be off once Windows boots.

It seems that what is actually happening is when you start the PC, it is failing to complete the POST process and you get no signal to the monitor. The BIOS LED is on because Windows has not booted. That LED has no other significance besides identifying the BIOS being used.

Please tell us which Z87 board you have, and which BIOS version you are using. Also, what is the full model number of the memory you are using.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic